URGENT! Need help with Deloitte transfer offer

Watch
Usm44n12345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
TL;DR: Deloitte have offered me an apprenticeship vacancy transfer, and I want to know how to reply to the email, and what it means regarding my chances of getting an offer. Plus some tips for the AC please.

Hi guys, this is my first post on TSR, and I’m going to go into a bit of detail so bear with me.
I am a year 13 student and applied for the Deloitte Brightstart apprenticeship scheme (Tax Consulting, London) I knew the odds were against me, so I didn’t have much hope. However, I passed the Job simulation (penultimate stage until Job offer) and received the following email.

“ ....Although you have passed the Job Simulation, we’re not able to invite you to the Final Stage Assessment for your selected vacancy. However, we would like to offer you the opportunity to attend a Final Stage Assessment for one of the below Brightstart vacancies instead which you would be aligned to:

- GES Mobility
- GES Reward
- Indirect Tax”

I have to reply by Friday, and I’m pretty set on moving to Indirect Tax. I just want to know from you guys that,
- What are my chances of passing this final stage assessment and receiving an offer?

Also, the way the email is written makes me think that this was custom to me, does this ‘vacancy transfer offer’ thing happen often?
I’m 18, with part time work experience since I was 13. I always prepare intensely for interviews, but I still want to know what my odds are. Also, do you guys have any suggestions for my reply email to the above, and any suggestions for the AC stage?
Thank you in advance, I am very nervous about all this and would appreciate some help.
hannahgeo123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Usm44n12345)
TL;DR: Deloitte have offered me an apprenticeship vacancy transfer, and I want to know how to reply to the email, and what it means regarding my chances of getting an offer. Plus some tips for the AC please.

Hi guys, this is my first post on TSR, and I’m going to go into a bit of detail so bear with me.
I am a year 13 student and applied for the Deloitte Brightstart apprenticeship scheme (Tax Consulting, London) I knew the odds were against me, so I didn’t have much hope. However, I passed the Job simulation (penultimate stage until Job offer) and received the following email.

“ ....Although you have passed the Job Simulation, we’re not able to invite you to the Final Stage Assessment for your selected vacancy. However, we would like to offer you the opportunity to attend a Final Stage Assessment for one of the below Brightstart vacancies instead which you would be aligned to:

- GES Mobility
- GES Reward
- Indirect Tax”

I have to reply by Friday, and I’m pretty set on moving to Indirect Tax. I just want to know from you guys that,
- What are my chances of passing this final stage assessment and receiving an offer?

Also, the way the email is written makes me think that this was custom to me, does this ‘vacancy transfer offer’ thing happen often?
I’m 18, with part time work experience since I was 13. I always prepare intensely for interviews, but I still want to know what my odds are. Also, do you guys have any suggestions for my reply email to the above, and any suggestions for the AC stage?
Thank you in advance, I am very nervous about all this and would appreciate some help.
Unfortunately, no one can answer your questions about your chances. It comes down to the other candidates and how well they perform, all you can do is go and give it your best shot. I would say that the email was specific to you, so you probably didn't have the grades/experience/score on job simulation in comparison to others, but they still see your potential for another role that isn't as oversubscribed. Just send a polite response thanking them for the opportunity and saying you'd like to take them up on it and then prepare your arse off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (283)
34.01%
No (549)
65.99%

Watched Threads