neemboo.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi all! I have received an offer from LSE to study Politics & Economics and I have also received one from UCL to study Economics. Considering I hope to pursue a career in accounting/finance/banking etc. which university should I choose as my firm?
h3110
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I vote LSE
neemboo.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by h3110)
I vote LSE
Thanks for the quick reply May I ask why you'd choose LSE?
h3110
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
for getting into accounting/finance/banking I think it's slightly better than UCL
and if you want to study an economics related degree, LSE is the place to do it

there are also opportunities to switch degrees in some cases, i think you could possibly switch from politics and econ to straight econ after your first year if you wanted
neemboo.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by h3110)
for getting into accounting/finance/banking I think it's slightly better than UCL
and if you want to study an economics related degree, LSE is the place to do it

there are also opportunities to switch degrees in some cases, i think you could possibly switch from politics and econ to straight econ after your first year if you wanted
Ah I see. Thank you!
PPE2020
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i am facing a similar issue. choosing between Politics and Econ at LSE and PPE at UCL. I know employability wise everybody seems to say LSE, but I feel like workwise it is really intense and having been at a school with a crazy workload I'm not sure I want to do that anymore. Does anyone know how many lectures/seminars there are for PPE at UCL / what the workload is like (Essays per week and stuff?)
neemboo.x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I decided to put LSE as my firm - it has kinda always been my dream university. I heard from an LSE student with friends at UCL that UCL tends to have an easier workload than LSE and you tend to have a better social life at UCL. Employability wise, I guess LSE and UCL are sorta in the same league. So if workload is the deciding factor for you, I suggest going for UCL. However. I have nothing to back that except a students experience, so make sure to do thorough research!! Good luck
Diplomatic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
LSE is the school for careers in IB/finance/accounting, it's the biggest feeder to those industries for proportion of graduates. It has a bigger culture of like-minded individuals which may/may not help you (e.g. you might hate competitive environments).

But rep-wise, it's not going to make a difference realistically. They're both top schools.
Aabb123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The only thing about LSE is they apparently neglect students for their own research and student satisfaction rates are really low.

And it’s mainly international students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (801)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.53%

Watched Threads