The Student Room Group

Help choosing university (physics)

So I got an offer today for physics at the University of Edinburgh. I also have an offer from King's College London. I'm still waiting for UCL and Imperial.

So the question is, which one do you think is the best option? How do they compare with each other? and please could you do a ranking of them according to your opinion

I'm an EU student btw
I saddens me that me live in a world where your level of education and knowledge is overshadowed by which university you attended. People Would choose to have an average doctor from Oxford university than an extremely competent doctor from Newcastle university.

Anyways..... here are the stats with regards to global rankings:
University of Edinburgh global rank: 20th
King's College London global rank: 33rd

Both universities have about 30,000 students and have very good research programs.
If you want the best ranked out of the two then you should choose University of Edinburgh. Either way they are both in the top 50 Universities worldwide.
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie Townsend
I saddens me that me live in a world where your level of education and knowledge is overshadowed by which university you attended. People Would choose to have an average doctor from Oxford university than an extremely competent doctor from Newcastle university.

Anyways..... here are the stats with regards to global rankings:
University of Edinburgh global rank: 20th
King's College London global rank: 33rd

Both universities have about 30,000 students and have very good research programs.
If you want the best ranked out of the two then you should choose University of Edinburgh. Either way they are both in the top 50 Universities worldwide.

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you, I don't care very much about rankings. But I'm gonna leave my country and spend a lot of money in order to get a better education, so I'd like to go somewhere which is recognised and prestigious.

I was asking if you could 'rank' those 4 universities I mentioned in accordance with your opinion/experience etc. That's more important to me than the global rankings you refer to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending