The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University of Chester/The Hammond School Gay Life

Hi everyone, I'm a Hammond School offer holder and I was wandering if anyone has any experience being gay and a student either at the uni or Hammond itself. I'll probably be staying at Tramways, so I'll be fairly close to Chester City Centre.

So, if anyone has any intel on being gay there, I'd be much appreciative.

Daniel
Original post by danielwf31
Hi everyone, I'm a Hammond School offer holder and I was wandering if anyone has any experience being gay and a student either at the uni or Hammond itself. I'll probably be staying at Tramways, so I'll be fairly close to Chester City Centre.

Daniel

Hi Daniel, congratulations on your offer! There's an LGBT society at the university and lots to get involved with within the city. Storyhouse published this really great LGBT guide to Chester :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
To be honest, I know it’s a stereotype but there are not that many straight guys at The Hammond.

It’s a very inclusive place. Hammond students don’t really tend to get very involved with Uni societies (due to the much longer hours than on a normal uni course especially in the run up to shows). Chester Pride is huge (sadly cancelled this year first due to unsafe weather then covid). Just ignore the religious nutter with a megaphone on Chestergate who likes to tell gay people amongst others they are going to hell!
Original post by welcometotherock
To be honest, I know it’s a stereotype but there are not that many straight guys at The Hammond.

It’s a very inclusive place. Hammond students don’t really tend to get very involved with Uni societies (due to the much longer hours than on a normal uni course especially in the run up to shows). Chester Pride is huge (sadly cancelled this year first due to unsafe weather then covid). Just ignore the religious nutter with a megaphone on Chestergate who likes to tell gay people amongst others they are going to hell!

Oh wow, are they still doing that? They've been doing that for over 20 years :biggrin:
Original post by danielwf31

Daniel

hey! i have been going to University of Chester for 2 years now and have met a lot of people who to go to the Hammond. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I have met several people both girls and boys who are gay.

I also stayed in tramways which is good accomodation - use the code Stunii_2021 to get up to £300 cashback!! My friend used this code and said it was so easy. I wish tramways had this off when i was staying there!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending