Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is my first ever post on here, so Hi! If I'm honest I don't exactly know what to write as everything is such a mess. I won't go into much detail but the first thing is that I'm really struggling with my mental health. It has always been bad, but now it's got so bad like I can't even describe it. I have been seeing CAMHS but now they've cancelled all appointments due to this coronavirus and now I have literally nobody. I've got into arguments with my friends, and some friends are fake friends too. I can't talk to my family about anything and so I'm literally on my own. My mum is terminally ill so there's a huge stress on the family, as well as constant arguing. Im now also failing college. I am really struggling
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Are you a religious person at all? Do you have a faith?

(Original post by Anonymous)
This is my first ever post on here, so Hi! If I'm honest I don't exactly know what to write as everything is such a mess. I won't go into much detail but the first thing is that I'm really struggling with my mental health. It has always been bad, but now it's got so bad like I can't even describe it. I have been seeing CAMHS but now they've cancelled all appointments due to this coronavirus and now I have literally nobody. I've got into arguments with my friends, and some friends are fake friends too. I can't talk to my family about anything and so I'm literally on my own. My mum is terminally ill so there's a huge stress on the family, as well as constant arguing. Im now also failing college. I am really struggling
jamiet0185
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi So sorry to hear you're going through what sounds like a really hard time. It's great that you've been able to reach out for help though so please don't be hard on yourself! If you need somebody to talk to you can always send me a private message and I will get back to you as soon as possible 👍
white123456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow I can't believe CAMHS would just cancel your appointments like that. I'm assuming by 'seeing CAMHS' you were getting counselling, and if so why can't they at the very least switch to something like Skype so people can still have sessions albeit not in person. They should really find ways to make this whole coronavirus situation work instead of just cancelling. Can you contact them to see if they can give you any advice? Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling. I couldn't scroll past this post as I can totally empathise with how you are feeling, as I have been in a very similar position as you (in terms of mental health, family illness, friends). I'm sure the constant news about the coronavirus and all of the changes recently are making things worse. But just know that you are not alone in how you are feeling. You may have had arguments with your friends, but if you are able, maybe it would help you feel a bit better if you reached out to them and tried to patch things up? Just making small positive steps could alleviate the burden you feel on your shoulders. My biggest piece of advice is to make sure you are around other people in the house/flat you live in. Don't constantly isolate yourself to a room as you can get trapped in a negative bubble. I would give other advice but with the whole coronavirus situation it limits options of going outside. Oh and also a small bit of advice from someone who has been medicated for depression and anxiety before: try not listening to music for a while. I realised that listening to some kinds of music was just putting me in a bad head space. Might not be for everybody, but it helped me a lot.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
No not really (Original post by Anonymous)Are you a religious person at all? Do you have a faith?
stressednerd000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, this sounds rough, but I'm glad you've posted on here. Hmm, well, I've seen that this website seems to be good for general enquiries. Some other websites I can recommend are Seven Cups, which my friend used in Year 9. And Kooth, which my school recommended to us. If you're ever in distress, it doesn't need to be to the point of life or death, but if you are, maybe phoning a hotline like the Samaritans would help. My school councillor says that when she used to work on a hotline like that, an old man would phone every evening to have someone to say goodnight to. He wasn't questioning his life, he just wanted someone to talk to directly. So, maybe that will help! Idk if you have your own source of money, probably not as I hear that college students are broke AF, but BetterHelp could be an option for you?

I don't know about your relationship with your mum, but letting her know that you love her and chatting with her may help. Maybe, you could bring up to the individuals you've argued within your family about how you're also hurting and how you know they're stressed and that fighting isn't helping anything. This video may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLpHid-9TY (Here's what to do when you're disappointed in someone - The Holistic Psychologist).

For me, journalling tends to help my mental health.

Oh yeah, and here's a self-care game for you to go through when you feel crap. It's basically a flow chart to help when you feel crappy as a general starting point. https://youfeellike****.com/

I wish you the best, sorry this is so long!
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you need somebody to talk to for advice or general, feel free to DM me. My mum was also terminally ill and passed away from cancer when I was young, so I know what that's like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads