The Student Room Group

Scottish Schools Closed: How can we help on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Labrador99
advice for studying from home?

This would be very helpful. Ways to keep concentrated? (even if following typical school schedule) I feel like I will either rush through the untaught topics without taking them in or just not do it. And any general advice would be great. :smile:
I feel for those who haven’t completed their coursework
Original post by sami204
This would be very helpful. Ways to keep concentrated? (even if following typical school schedule) I feel like I will either rush through the untaught topics without taking them in or just not do it. And any general advice would be great. :smile:

This is really helpful - thanks for the suggestions! :smile:
Original post by IbeIC123
I feel for those who haven’t completed their coursework

:sadnod:

Have you managed to finish yours already, or still got some to do?
:sadnod:

Have you managed to finish yours already, or still got some to do?

I have thank god but all the people who do art haven’t in my school and Boris Johnson’s just announced that exams won’t take place in May and June surely he has more power than sturgeon
Original post by IbeIC123
I have thank god but all the people who do art haven’t in my school and Boris Johnson’s just announced that exams won’t take place in May and June surely he has more power than sturgeon

Glad you've managed to get yours done :smile:

Education is devolved, so it's up to Scottish Government, unless UK Government uses some other powers that keep people at home or something...But the English ones not going ahead as planned doesn't bode well :no:
(edited 4 years ago)
Rip english peeps their A-levels and GCSES are cancelled [*]
Original post by Kubsyy
Rip english peeps their A-levels and GCSES are cancelled [*]

Yep :sadnod: Think he's just increased the worry people have though, by saying they won't go ahead as planned, but not actually saying what the new plan will be :s-smilie:
Reply 28
Yep :sadnod: Think he's just increased the worry people have though, by saying they won't go ahead as planned, but not actually saying what the new plan will be :s-smilie:

Boris was definitely a bit vague but Gavin Williamson has been a bit clearer and confirms exams will definitely not go ahead. But yes, the plans for how grades will be awarded is still ambiguous but I doubt even the politicians know this as of yet.
Original post by ROC10
Boris was definitely a bit vague but Gavin Williamson has been a bit clearer and confirms exams will definitely not go ahead. But yes, the plans for how grades will be awarded is still ambiguous but I doubt even the politicians know this as of yet.

Yeah - the uncertainty of aspects of what will happen is probably the worst :sadnod: Hopefully we'll get clarity tomorrow (as their announcement kinda means anything could happen re SQA exams, even after today's confirmation)
are our exams still to go ahead?
I feel like if English ones are cancelled then the likelihood of our ones going ahead isn't too high
Original post by pineapplepink
are our exams still to go ahead?
I feel like if English ones are cancelled then the likelihood of our ones going ahead isn't too high

Based on the statement from Scottish Government & SQA today, yes...But John Swinney is due to make a statement tomorrow, and for the reason you've mentioned, it's pretty much wide open as to what he could say is going to happen :redface:
I’m worrying right now cause John Swinney will say what will happen with exams and I really they are not cancelled because if it is then my future is ruined.

Or postpone them like with A-levels
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kubsyy
I’m worrying right now cause John Swinney will say what will happen with exams and I really they are not cancelled because if it is then my future is ruined.

Or postpone them like with A-levels

It's definitely understandable to be worried :sadnod: If the exams are not going ahead as planned, there will be some sort of contingency plan. We don't know whether they will be cancelled yet, or what the contingency plan will look like, but for now keep doing as you were doing to prepare. It's super difficult not to worry, but it might be worth taking some time out tonight/away from news etc. to chill and then you can go to school for your assignment tomorrow. Whatever happens, it will be ok. It might not be what you expected, but it will be ok. You've got this :yep:
There is an article that says John Swinney has 3 options:

1st - normal exam timetable

2nd - delay exams

3rd - get prelim grades + assignment marks onto our sqa certificate
(edited 4 years ago)
well I've just got to carry on as normal anyway- got my music practical final tomorrow as well as my geography assignment lol
well I've just got to carry on as normal anyway- got my music practical final tomorrow as well as my geography assignment lol

Hope that both go well for you! :smile:
Hope that both go well for you! :smile:

thanks, I think they went well
can't believe they cancelled exams...
thanks, I think they went well
can't believe they cancelled exams...

Glad they went well - hope you can have a good last day (for now at least) today :smile:
:wavey:

Hi everyone - hope you're all doing okay!

As you've maybe seen, from Friday all of the schools will be shut. The Scottish Government & SQA confirmed today that at this point the exams will still be going ahead.

Obviously it's a stressful time and an unusual situation to be in, so just wanted to ask how we can best help on TSR, specifically here in the ScotQuals forum, which I look after as part of the Volunteer Team?

Would you like to see threads for virtual study groups? Or advice for studying from home? What would help you best prepare for the exams??

I've already made some threads for sharing resources in (please share any you have- we need everyone pitching in for them to work!)

For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

Great call!!! When we have time on our hands,. we can put it to good use on TSR!! I,for one, will be probably be here more than ever, plus it will stop us getting bored

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending