I am struggling in year 10

Watch
Adrián1028
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone, I am coming to the end of year 10, I really want to be a doctor however I don't see myself being that in the future. I am scared I will not be able to get the marks in GCSEs to be able to become or to study for that. My grades are currently not the best and I am having issues concentrating in class, I don't pick up much stuff that easily, the past few years in schools have been really bad as other students stopped most of us from being able to learn the easy things we are meant to know today, I just learnt how to find the circumference of a circle etc. I don't know language techniques in English and I am not able to analyse e.g. poems as well as others, I am also behind in maths with A LOT of things, in science, I am also struggling, when we do tests I just think the teacher didn't even teach us those things like electrolysis, I still do not understand moles and relative formula masses and we have gone over them 4 times. I really need help and I'm scared of failing, failing my parents ):
Jamie Townsend
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your situation is not unique. So many students have the same issue and though we often assume that students are too distracted or lazy, I also believe that bad or overworked teachers are part of the blame too. Teachers often look at pupils as just 'students' instead of looking at the pupils as being their student.
Do not give up on your studies.You could ask other students for help, but keep in mind that other students are not always the best at explaining things. Try and find revision websites that will help you, such as BBC bitesize.

If you can find a private tutor, then go for it. There is no shame in telling your parents that you would like a tutor to help prepare you for your exams. A good private tutor is the best asset a student can have. Believe me.

If all else fails, then the worst (yes worst) advise I can give you is to priorities your subjects. To be a doctor you need to be good at 3 basic subjects: Mathematics, biology and Chemistry (and maybe physics). Aim for the best grades in those subjects. With good grades from those subjects you can then move on to A-levels. From there, you put in some hard work, get the best grades and you will be in medical school soon.
Adrián1028
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much, this actually gave me so much motivation, someone finally believes in me <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (272)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.92%
Isolating with family (123)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.5%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (147)
8.38%
Loneliness (174)
9.92%
Financial worries (70)
3.99%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (160)
9.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (125)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (156)
8.89%

Watched Threads