Pregnant in year 13

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys, I’m in year 13 all set with a medicine offer down south If I can bag these Alevels (doubtful though). I’m pregnant and I would have to defer if I keep it but I cant decide what to do. What’s the most important things I should consider/ use to make my choice?
Warwickk
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly, I think the most important thing to consider is whether you are ready for a baby!

If you decide to keep the child you may have to take a slightly longer path to get where you would like to in terms of medicine, but there is no reason that you would not be able to pursue your goals - you may just have to wait a few more years. It definitely won't be easy, but it isn't impossible! Universities can offer support in terms of childcare etc. if this was something that might help you. It is worth considering whether you will have support around you in terms of your family, and the father. You should think very hard about what your priorities are at the moment - if your priority is your education, you may not want to dedicate a big proportion of your time and energy to a little one at the moment. Likewise, if your priority is to proceed with the pregnancy, your degree might have to take a step back.

It is a really difficult decision to make, and it is one that only you will be able to decide for yourself. I wish you good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (336)
34.67%
No (633)
65.33%

Watched Threads