sadiebourne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
so ive been at one college since September, and ive had alot of issues there with mental health, and lack of support with existing conditions i have. so obviously this has caused both my attendance and my grades to lower, which only makes me feel worse about myself. but ive applied to go to a different college in September to do a course im more interested in, but my current college have said that they may not even accept me in if i dont pass my current btec im doing with them, or if i leave it, even if i have all of the gcse requirements needed as it looks unprofessional on my part. i am not planning to drop out, im trying to pass this foundation diploma with a pass minimum obviously, but how true is this, can a college actually say no because of my btec results or my attendance being not amazing? its a level 3 course, and i have all gcse grades from 4,5,6 grades so im meeting requirements. thank you!
emukx_22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sadiebourne)
so ive been at one college since September, and ive had alot of issues there with mental health, and lack of support with existing conditions i have. so obviously this has caused both my attendance and my grades to lower, which only makes me feel worse about myself. but ive applied to go to a different college in September to do a course im more interested in, but my current college have said that they may not even accept me in if i dont pass my current btec im doing with them, or if i leave it, even if i have all of the gcse requirements needed as it looks unprofessional on my part. i am not planning to drop out, im trying to pass this foundation diploma with a pass minimum obviously, but how true is this, can a college actually say no because of my btec results or my attendance being not amazing? its a level 3 course, and i have all gcse grades from 4,5,6 grades so im meeting requirements. thank you!
in my opinion as long as you have a good explanation of what was going on they should take you on, as i had a similar situation last year, my grades got lower because of my attendance as i was suffering from really bad depression, so they said to me there's a possibility that they won't take me on onto next year, but i said to them that i will be moving colleges and they never really responded to that, at the end of the year my final grade didn't even come up to a pass so they said i had to either repeat the course or do something else, but i moved to a different college and right now i'm happily doing my course even though i didn't pass my previous one, and they didn't have a problem with it they just looked at what gcse's i've got and took me on. the old college called me up after few month of starting new year of college and they wanted to take me on as well but i told them that i'm already studying at a different college and that i'm happy with it. so i'm sure you should be fine, just don't give up, and don't listen to what they say because all they say is lies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads