2020 ENGAA Prep for engineering Cambridge Exams

Watch
JoelRenjith.2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm keen on going to Cambridge Uni to do engineering. However, I don't know what the specification material/content is for the engaa exams.
Do they have specification list for 2020 exams?
How do I prepare for section 2 of this test?
Also what do I need to get in my year 12 mock exams to get an offer?

It would be really useful if you could help me out.

Thanks
CambridgeMama
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JoelRenjith.2002)
I'm keen on going to Cambridge Uni to do engineering. However, I don't know what the specification material/content is for the engaa exams.
Do they have specification list for 2020 exams?
How do I prepare for section 2 of this test?
Also what do I need to get in my year 12 mock exams to get an offer?

It would be really useful if you could help me out.

Thanks
I can give you some idea of how to prepare your super curricular activities in order to have a strong application for engineering at Cambridge. One of my son’s friends is holding an offer for engineering at Churchill. He was asked a lot about physics in his interview. He is outstandingly good at mathematics, and always has been, having been heavily encouraged by parents, so I think Cambridge probably favours double maths A levels for engineering, preferably people headed for A*A*, so if I were you, I would look at revising maths and practicing AS mathematics papers for all exam boards from now on. He also did a lot of Isaac Physics problems every day and ended up being invited to the Senior Physics Challenge residential. So I strongly suggest you enrol on Isaac Physics and commit to yourself to do 20 minutes on it every day. If you can, also do British Physics Olypiads. Lastly, his college offered an engineering club, and he was able to participate in the Engineering Education Scheme, if at all possible, try and do something like that as this and all the other measures I have outlined will set you apart on your personal statement. Also if you do all this you will not get bored while stuck indoors during these difficult times. Good luck and stay well.
Last edited by CambridgeMama; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads