Effects of nazi/white supremacist comments on future?

Watch
juanmendez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am asking this question here because I think that it is related to career prospects. One of my son’s peers who is now studying in University and is 19 made some comments on “Instagram” being a minor (16/17), this included publishing some “neonazi” pictures such as the celt cross or the 14 words... According to my son he has now changed his views but is worried about how this immaturity could have an effect on his career (for example, if screenshots reach an employer etc). They asked for my advice but I have little experience with corporate policies/attitudes towards this. Would this be an issue at all? Which solution could there be? Thank you.
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some employers run internet/social media checks on potential employees, I certainly can't imagine they would take kindly to this knowledge if they came accross it.
watershower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who’s going to believe you when you say you’re no longer a Nazi? Sorry but those are a set of beliefs, not an opinion.

Perhaps an employer will be gracious and think that it was just a brash post made by a silly teen, but nearly no serious employer will want to take the chance.

Tell your son’s acquaintance to delete any trace of those silly comments and just hope for the best...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
37.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.25%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.47%

Watched Threads