The Student Room Group

No a-levels/gcse 2020 due to coronavirus

As Boris Johnson has just announced, A-levels and GCSE's this summer are cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. What are your opinions on this and on what basis do you think they will award our qualifications?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am so annoyed I can't even explain. I've been doing so much work for nothing?
Reply 2
Anyone know the effect on Scottish SQA exams yet?
lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I reckon they’ll probably have to postpone the exams to instead be sat in September or something. We all Had so much planned this year and it’s all gone to ****.
Original post by mozino111
lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LOOOL
Reply 6
i’m so scared coz i know that i underperformed in some of my gcses in class and on various assessments that the school gave us including mocks. not because i’m stupid but just coz i didn’t think they mattered and i barely revised. i already stared revising for the real thing tho and i was planning on improving my all of my grades significantly. i feel like i’m being punished:frown:
Reply 7
Let’s go on holiday
Original post by phys314
Anyone know the effect on Scottish SQA exams yet?

No, anxiously waiting :frown: all feels so extreme
I am sadddddddd. Because if they give our mock results im going to be so frustrated because i didnt work hard for my mocks and i know i would have done better in my gcses. Plus a lot of people cheated on their mocks so its not a true reflection on what a student can do. I just want them to do the exams later
Reply 10
what about CIE exams in the rest of the world? are they also cancelled?
Reply 11
Hopefully their in september. My predicted grades are so bad i would have performed way better in the real thing😥😥
Are we supposed to carry on with coursework???? Whats happening with those deadlines? :frown:
Technically he said no exams in May and June, they could be moved a few months
Original post by OctoberRain7
Technically he said no exams in May and June, they could be moved a few months

The education minister confirmed they will be cancelled
😖the uncertainty is so annoying like do we carry on revising in case or not?
If they're awarded based on predicted grades I fear there's the propensity for it to emphasise institutional racism within the education system. Anyone who's studied sociology will have learned that, although it's not necessarily intentional, prejudice about race and class can cloud judgment when awarding things like predicted grades.
Reply 17
are you sure about that, because i did not read it anywhere official yet ??
what about as exams, as I wanted to drop biology after as

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending