SQA Students: Have you completed all of your coursework?

Watch
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
I've done my English folio and my French, and Business Management assignments and I did my french talking exam today. Our Music Practical Exams were today and the second instrument is tomorrow, I spent most of my practical periods doing my Composition for my coursework because I knew it would take me a while. I'm doing it in ternary form so I need to have an A section, a B section and a second A section but changed a bit. I've done the first A section and I'm pretty much done the B section almost but I still need to do my second time A section. Our compositions were due on the 27th but obviously that deadline won't work because we won't be in school and I can't access it from home We were supposed to do our composition reviews next week which we can't do now, so I don't have one. I asked my teacher this morning before there was anything said about school closure and she said that they'll have to move the coursework date but I'm really not sure what's going on at all, but then again no one does
:wavey: Glad you've got most of them out of the way Hopefully music went ok?

For your music coursework, you might be able to do it from home using something else? I found this site which has a free option and also a 30 day free trial of the paid version?
People still to complete coursework are one of the 3 priority groups (alongside vulnerable children & kids of key workers) that were outlined, so you may be allowed into school to complete it if you still need access.

(Original post by A1renegade)
I haven’t finished most of my ah coursework, but that’s not a huge problem since it’s mainly writing and I can do it at home. What I’m more concerned about is higher music technology. I’ve not finished recording everything and that’s something I need to do at school because I don’t have the equipment at home. If I don’t manage to record what I need by Friday then I’ll be painfully under the track requirements which means I won’t get a good mark.

It’s not a huge deal in terms of getting into uni or anything, but I have put in a fair amount of work over the year, and I don’t particularly want to see it go to waste over something out with my control.
Glad that you've managed to finish most of the AH stuff Totally understandable about music tech though - you've worked hard, so you deserve the grade you've worked for :yep:
People still to complete coursework are one of the 3 priority groups (alongside vulnerable children & kids of key workers) that were outlined yesterday by John Swinney, so you may be allowed into school to complete it if you still need access.

(Original post by stereotypeasian)
advanced physics and advanced chemistry projects - still working on them
higher bio and higher psychology assignments - completed
Sounds like you're on your way to them all being done
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
I know you said 'Nat 5/Higher/Advanced Higher coursework' ect, But my HND is still SQA, and no, I have not finished the coursework, i've barely started this terms (although most of it has already been retooled to far simpler sounding stuff I can do at home, I have no real excuse not to meet my deadlines beyond isolation apathy)

Honestly have no idea where I stand, HNC/D's seem in danger of falling through the cracks a bit. GCSE/A lev on one side, final year Uni on the other... I have 27 of the 30 units I need, including the main graded project, so I would hope if they're going to be basing things on past work I'd be ok...mibbie
Wish I could give a proper answer to this, but can only really say hope they give you clarity soon :sadnod:
Kubsyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vlox)
Thank you man, I really appreciate you helping me
How are you finding all this? It's a bit sad at my school because I am S6 so tomorrow is our last day of High School.
Hey, how was assignment? Was it easy and did you find it well?
Niamh123D
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Question: I’ve not sat my unit 3 A/B higher bio test, we were told last night we could have done it today if we wanted to for more evidence but I said no. I’m predicted an A and have and average between 96%-99%on all class tests prelim but I if I should sit it just incase ??
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Niamh123D)
Question: I’ve not sat my unit 3 A/B higher bio test, we were told last night we could have done it today if we wanted to for more evidence but I said no. I’m predicted an A and have and average between 96%-99%on all class tests prelim but I if I should sit it just incase ??
If you've got the opportunity to go into school next week & do it (and think you would do well), then you might as well It sounds like you have very strong evidence that you should get an A already though, so I don't think it would be a deal breaker, and you shouldn't feel you have to especially at short notice.
Niamh123D
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
If you've got the opportunity to go into school next week & do it (and think you would do well), then you might as well It sounds like you have very strong evidence that you should get an A already though, so I don't think it would be a deal breaker, and you shouldn't feel you have to especially at short notice.
Thanks so much for the advice, I’m stressing! I think I’ll leave it for now but maybe it would be worth contacting my teacher and asking them personally
I just hate everything being so out of my control!
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Niamh123D)
Thanks so much for the advice, I’m stressing! I think I’ll leave it for now but maybe it would be worth contacting my teacher and asking them personally
I just hate everything being so out of my control!
No worries- that sounds like a good plan
Totally agree that the lack of control is a big part of what makes it difficult :sadnod: If you're finished all your coursework, take the opportunity to have some time off, then have a think about the things you might have been putting off doing to concentrate on exams - there's now a good opportunity to go & do some of them
muta23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you guys think they will consider ranking in the school as well as the previous years attainment rate?
Maggie-xx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My school wants us to go in and sit second prelims over the next two weeks is this allowed?
Kubsyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Maggie-xx)
My school wants us to go in and sit second prelims over the next two weeks is this allowed?
Hmm, I think yes because Sqa said that you should as much evidence as possible and complete courseworks
Maggie-xx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
Hmm, I think yes because Sqa said that you should as much evidence as possible and complete courseworks
I have completed all course work and this goes against government advice which surely giving the severity of the matter would trip all else? At the time of sitting our prelims we were informed that given any eventuality these grades would Matter so I struggle to see why as a result of some being irresponsible and not studying the school feels they need to run more tests, if we are only allowed one exam why should this be any different?
Yippeekiyay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have completed all course work and this goes against government advice which surely giving the severity of the matter would trip all else? At the time of sitting our prelims we were informed that given any eventuality these grades would Matter so I struggle to see why as a result of some being irresponsible and not studying the school feels they need to run more tests, if we are only allowed one exam why should this be any different?
I agree with you. They might as well have not cancelled the exams if every school was going to pack people in a room and run second prelims at this stage anyway.
Maggie-xx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Yippeekiyay)
I agree with you. They might as well have not cancelled the exams if every school was going to pack people in a room and run second prelims at this stage anyway.
Exactly couldn’t have said it better myself! I feel like they are just bringing exams forward what year are you in?
egusmith
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ive still got my adv higher art final piece to do, and the essay and evaluations to write 😳💀 as well as H photography folios to finish, print and evaluate ..
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by muta23)
Do you guys think they will consider ranking in the school as well as the previous years attainment rate?
I don't think they will when deciding what grade an individual student should get...But they could use past years results it as an indicator of whether the teacher predictions are accurate. If they do use it, they'll have to consider teaching could have changed (for better or worse), so in my opinion it wouldn't be a particularly useful thing to rely on, at least not as anything other than a 'check'.

This is just speculation though - shouldn't be too long before the SQA confirm exactly how they'll do things
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Agree with what you've said above - I think it goes against the advice, and schools have already been told they should only need to have their normal amount of evidence for candidates. If you're happy with what you got in your prelims/any tests throughout the year don't feel like you need to go in (they can't make you/you don't have to), because one prelim & class tests will be plenty evidence (and what most people have).
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by egusmith)
Ive still got my adv higher art final piece to do, and the essay and evaluations to write 😳💀 as well as H photography folios to finish, print and evaluate ..
You've got this :rave:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (224)
33.73%
No (440)
66.27%

Watched Threads