to all folks who were retaking a-levels this year

Watch
ab2685
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Navxo)
I agree, it's a shame tho, I've worked so hard and paid for these exams as well, deffo expecting a full refund
really? i couldn't care less about my refund i just want my grades to be representative of my ability
gretelhouseg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sidd1)
OMGGG I'm so glad I came across this thread! I'm so pissed off tbh. Like it's bad enough having to take a year out to work hard and retake (already going uni a year later) now this!? Could the timing get any better?
had a feeling i wasn’t the only one in my situation! genuinely forcing myself to look at the bigger picture and accept this as a necessity in times of a pandemic but the disappointment i felt when i realised i wouldn’t have the actual qualifications for the offers i had hit me hard. all this work for nothing! feels like quite the karmic gut punch
Navxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ab2685)
really? i couldn't care less about my refund i just want my grades to be representative of my ability
Not when you have worked hard to pay for the exams.
drsagittarius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, what is the possibility of them using our UCAS predicted grades? Wb med students? i have offers from my prospective med schools but now am not sure what will happen?
gretelhouseg
Rep:
?
(Original post by ab2685)
I think my predictions were very realistic, how does everyone else feel about theirs, would we all be happy if that was the case?
i would be pretty happy if my predictions were used tbh!! just wondering what position this would put me at in uni in terms of academic skill? like sure mocks and things will support that i’m capable of them but i just was rlly excited to proving myself with the summer exams as ‘the real deal’. oh well, i guess that’s just my ego talking
gretelhouseg
Rep:
?
(Original post by FurtherMaths2020)
didn't you get predicted grades for your resits?
yeah i have my predictions anyway, but was just disappointed i wouldn’t get to sit exams lol
FurtherMaths2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gretelhouseg)
yeah i have my predictions anyway, but was just disappointed i wouldn’t get to sit exams lol
me too but thats just how the cookie crumbles.
That Lesbian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why would anyone stop revising? You have longer time to revise and ensure you get the best grades! More time to practice. Try to see the good in things
I was a little pissed because I’m already 2 years behind. Don’t want another year to go by.
Navxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Psycoology)
Why would anyone stop revising? You have longer time to revise and ensure you get the best grades! More time to practice. Try to see the good in things
I was a little pissed because I’m already 2 years behind. Don’t want another year to go by.
What's the point in revising if the exams aren't taking place?
goldenpoop
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The prospect of going through med admissions again is thing that scares me most😔
ChickenBlen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Navxo)
Hopefully they will take place in september, we dont want to get caught lacking the second time round do we now
Last edited by ChickenBlen; 2 weeks ago
Navxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ChickenBlen)
Hopefully they will take place in september, we dont want to get caught lacking the second time round do we know
I don't know how that'll work considering uni starts in september, but who knows I guess
ChickenBlen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Navxo)
I don't know how that'll work considering uni starts in september, but who knows I guess
Uni start date will 100% get delayed
juliettechild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm in exactly the same position ! I'm privately resitting biology and i fast tracked psychology this year and i'm so confused and anxious. I've done loads of mocks with my tutors so they gave me predicted grades that were used on my ucas so hopefully they use them instead of us having to sit exams in September. I wish they had waited to tell us exams were cancelled until they had more information about what would happen instead :confused:
are you guys going to keep revising?
tahmidsyed1212
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by n.345)
people saying all sorts like mock grades will be used or teachers will have to redo predicted grades and send in evidence of tests etc. But what about private candidates that are resitting. It's stressful not knowing what's going on
In exactly the same situation. I've got a medicine offer that I've firmed and resitting privately so I haven't taken mocks or have class tests since before my A-levels last year and really confused about how they would approach our grades. Hopefully predicted because I have nothing else to go off of. Good Luck to everyone else and my advice is keep revising even if you are taking it a bit more easy. exams might get postponed instead of cancelled.
That Lesbian
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Navxo)
They are going to take place just not on May/June. And the content is going to be the same, well at least for me. So just revise so that you’re getting A’s in every practice paper you do
tahmidsyed1212
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by goldenpoop)
The prospect of going through med admissions again is thing that scares me most😔
Facts I found it much worse than my first time round and I really don't want to do this all over again.
ramzinoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
glad there are others who get me - i’m super worried, just want some sort of clarity instead of all this speculation.
tryingmybestish
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
im so anxious. i'm retaking Maths, Biology and Chemistry and already have my ucas stuff all sorted. i'm a private candidate, are centres able to give students predicted grades despite not having taught them? does anyone have any ideas as to how that would work?

also, leave me a message if you want to join a group chat since we're all in the same boat
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you’re in this situation then contact your exam centres tomorrow to ask if there’s any extra assessments or arrangements that they want to schedule for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.78%
No (447)
66.22%

Watched Threads