The Student Room Group

gCSE wtF

I just saw the news Wats gOing On? Pls say we get to redo it ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnjohnakia
I just saw the news Wats gOing On? Pls say we get to redo it ?

The exams are being postponed to a later date which is currently unknown, you will get the chance to do them whenever that may be. It's a bit of a waiting game currently!
Original post by Hazelly
The exams are being postponed to a later date which is currently unknown, you will get the chance to do them whenever that may be. It's a bit of a waiting game currently!

So were not getting predicted grades?
Original post by Hazelly

didn't they say cancelled it? can someone clear the confusion
Original post by Arshdeep123
didn't they say cancelled it? can someone clear the confusion

Yes, they are cancelled for May / June.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Hazelly

So they aren’t gonna use predicted grades?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TimotheeLaurie

Unknown. They just won't happen in May/June.
Original post by johnjohnakia
So were not getting predicted grades?

I doubt it, they have said you'll have the opportunity to get the grades you deserve - on those lines.

Most likely not as it's not a fair measurement of an individuals potential.
Original post by Hazelly
I doubt it, they have said you'll have the opportunity to get the grades you deserve - on those lines.

thanks im soo nervous
Original post by Hazelly

how are you so certain - do you work for the government?
Original post by FurtherMaths2020
how are you so certain - do you work for the government?

No, I do not work for the government, however, I've been following the news and they updated this today at 5pm!
Original post by Hazelly
Most likely not as it's not a fair measurement of an individuals potential.

I agree! Cos some people may have cheated in mocks e.g. some people who used to get 3s and 4s all of a sudden get a 9. And if the government do use mock grades then some people won’t get into the sixth forms they want.
Original post by Hazelly
No, I do not work for the government, however, I've been following the news and they updated this today at 5pm!

I know, I was watching the news too but you seem to be certain about what's happening - later exam dates and not using predicted grades. to me, it sounded like Boris intended to use predicted grades. :confused:
Reply 14
Original post by Hazelly

This hasn't been clarified yet. Based on what was said, "cancelled forever" hasn't been ruled out.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by FurtherMaths2020
I know, I was watching the news too but you seem to be certain what's happening. :confused:

I'm in year 12 at college, I'm definitely not working for the government.
Original post by Sir Cumference
This hasn't been clarified yet. Based on what was said, "cancelled forever" hasn't been ruled out.

They would never cancel exams, surely?
I agree! Cos some people may have cheated in mocks e.g. some people who used to get 3s and 4s all of a sudden get a 9. And if the government do use mock grades then some people won’t get into the sixth forms they want.

Yh this kid got 3 9s becuas he found the paper
Reply 18
Original post by Hazelly
They would never cancel exams, surely?

No one knows yet but it wasn't ruled out today.

I think we need to be really careful about mixing opinion with fact though - I'd recommend editing your earlier posts to clarify things.
Original post by Hazelly
I'm in year 12 at college, I'm definitely not working for the government.

exactly, but you seem to be talking as if you have some special inside knowledge. he didnt indicate that they will be postponed, I thought it sounded like they're going to use predicted grades somehow: "For those pupils due to take exams, the PM said they won't impede the progress of those students, which suggests to me some kind of predicted grade system." - Vicki Young (Chief Political Correspondent). she seems to agree with my interpretation.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply