wjhearypec
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Dear all,

I'm sure that this is a frequent question, but I'd like more specific feedback to the subjects I have already selected. I'm starting the IB DP later this year, so I can still change my subjects if I really see the need.

English LanLit HL
Economics HL
Physics HL
--
Math AA SL
German B SL
History SL

I've chosen English and Economics since apparently, essay-based subjects are positively looked at. The reason I chose Physics is because, I've always been in extend mathematics, and since I'm dropping to SL, I was in search of an alternative math-based HL subject.

German SL simply because I learn enough from friends, and it'd be a waste of an HL subject to include German. I didn't take History in HL because I get 5/6s right now, mainly due to my lack of preparations (being improved).

Whilst I understand that 'any subject will do', I'd really appreciate genuine feedback that addresses the specific question that I have asked. Thank you very much in advance!
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by wjhearypec)
Dear all,

I'm sure that this is a frequent question, but I'd like more specific feedback to the subjects I have already selected. I'm starting the IB DP later this year, so I can still change my subjects if I really see the need.

English LanLit HL
Economics HL
Physics HL
--
Math AA SL
German B SL
History SL

I've chosen English and Economics since apparently, essay-based subjects are positively looked at. The reason I chose Physics is because, I've always been in extend mathematics, and since I'm dropping to SL, I was in search of an alternative math-based HL subject.

German SL simply because I learn enough from friends, and it'd be a waste of an HL subject to include German. I didn't take History in HL because I get 5/6s right now, mainly due to my lack of preparations (being improved).

Whilst I understand that 'any subject will do', I'd really appreciate genuine feedback that addresses the specific question that I have asked. Thank you very much in advance!
I did Law at Oxford - your combination looks fine to me. You have two essay-based subjects, which I think will be good preparation for Law (which is entirely assessed based on essays). I didn't do History or Modern Languages at A levels either.
wjhearypec
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by mishieru07)
I did Law at Oxford - your combination looks fine to me. You have two essay-based subjects, which I think will be good preparation for Law (which is entirely assessed based on essays). I didn't do History or Modern Languages at A levels either.
Glad to hear that. Thank you for your response!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (84)
52.83%
No, they should still go ahead (31)
19.5%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (44)
27.67%

Watched Threads