I’m fed up of being the class idiot

Watch
Himynameisdaisy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I do A Level maths, chemistry and DT, and with the exception of DT, I’m the class idiot. I always have to do twice the amount of work just to get what people achieve without any work. My tests scores a pretty crap, in chemistry I’ve gotten a C every time, and maths I get anywhere between a U and a D. It doesn’t help I can hear what everyone’s scores are, and pretty much every time I’m bottom of the class.

I’m fed up of being that one idiot that everyone says “omg look at what —— got!” I want to be better, but it just seems impossible.

I’m easily in the bottom end of the year group, it’s not that I don’t try hard, it just doesn’t go into my head. It also doesn’t help I go to grammar school where it is drilled into your brain that grades are of upmost importance.

DT is my one subject I’m really good at, and is the only thing I’ve got going for me. I know it sounds like I’m winging and being all “woe is me” etc but I’m genuinely so worried I’m not going to do well enough to go to the universities I want to go to.

I’ve never had the best confidence in the world, and honestly A Levels have just made everything ten times worse, now this bloody corona thing.

Any advice would be great, though honestly I just needed to rant.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Himynameisdaisy)
I do A Level maths, chemistry and DT, and with the exception of DT, I’m the class idiot. I always have to do twice the amount of work just to get what people achieve without any work. My tests scores a pretty crap, in chemistry I’ve gotten a C every time, and maths I get anywhere between a U and a D. It doesn’t help I can hear what everyone’s scores are, and pretty much every time I’m bottom of the class.

I’m fed up of being that one idiot that everyone says “omg look at what —— got!” I want to be better, but it just seems impossible.

I’m easily in the bottom end of the year group, it’s not that I don’t try hard, it just doesn’t go into my head. It also doesn’t help I go to grammar school where it is drilled into your brain that grades are of upmost importance.

DT is my one subject I’m really good at, and is the only thing I’ve got going for me. I know it sounds like I’m winging and being all “woe is me” etc but I’m genuinely so worried I’m not going to do well enough to go to the universities I want to go to.

I’ve never had the best confidence in the world, and honestly A Levels have just made everything ten times worse, now this bloody corona thing.

Any advice would be great, though honestly I just needed to rant.
If you dont get the grades, then take a gap.
Assume you will get a good DT score, then focus on where you go wrong with the other two.
It seems Maths is more the issue, so get feedback from your teacher (if things ever get back to normal) and assess whether you can do it or not. If you can then you need a new method of study, but if not just pick a different A level which interests for a better grade.
Alternatively do a one year access course.
the poor choice imo is to run round trying to get into anywhere that will take you, you will almost certainly regret that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.99%
Isolating with family (122)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.48%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.33%
Loneliness (172)
9.88%
Financial worries (69)
3.96%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.85%

Watched Threads