The Student Room Group

What happens now that GCSES and ALEVELS are cancelled?

Boris said that no exams will be taken place in may and june. Does that mean we wont have to sit our exams? Will we just get our predicted grades?
Is there even any point revising lool
Original post by itz.amiina
Boris said that no exams will be taken place in may and june. Does that mean we wont have to sit our exams? Will we just get our predicted grades?
Is there even any point revising lool

yes still revise just in case but yes mock results will be used if not. this really annoys me cause my mock results were not what i wished for
Original post by CharChar2106
yes still revise just in case but yes mock results will be used if not. this really annoys me cause my mock results were not what i wished for

That’s not necessarily true
Original post by Icykitten
That’s not necessarily true

wait what?
that they will use the mocks. well if you cant do the GCSEs then they will
I doubt they can entirely depend on mock results as most students may not have done mocks for certain subjects such as Level 3 BTECs therefore, I believe that students may receive their predicted grades and will be able to appeal if they’re not happy with the outcome
e

Original post by sxpanesar
I doubt they can entirely depend on mock results as most students may not have done mocks for certain subjects such as Level 3 BTECs therefore, I believe that students may receive their predicted grades and will be able to appeal if they’re not happy with the outcome

well i was told by my foster cares who are teachers they will use the mocks and the people who didnt do the mocks it will be their predicted but the others it will be their mocks.
wait what?
that they will use the mocks. well if you cant do the GCSEs then they will

Nothing has been confirmed yet, no one knows
e

well i was told by my foster cares who are teachers they will use the mocks and the people who didnt do the mocks it will be their predicted but the others it will be their mocks.

That would be a bit unfair wouldn’t it?
b

Nothing has been confirmed yet, no one knows yet

yes but its clear that of you cant do the exams then they will use the mocks im not saying that we will not be doing the exams im saying that IF we cant then the mocks will be used instead
b

yes but its clear that of you cant do the exams then they will use the mocks im not saying that we will not be doing the exams im saying that IF we cant then the mocks will be used instead

What happens to the people who didn’t do mocks though?
What happens to the people who didn’t do mocks though?

they will have their prodicted grades
That would be a bit unfair wouldn’t it?

exactly. this would be outrageous. mocks are dodgy to base off of as some papers werent secure and people had already done them and gotten high grades. im gonna be upset if this is the case.
Original post by evelync12
exactly. this would be outrageous. mocks are dodgy to base off of as some papers werent secure and people had already done them and gotten high grades. im gonna be upset if this is the case.

I just don’t see how they are going to do it, if predicted grades can be faked and mocks can be cheated, how are they going to standardise it?
I just don’t see how they are going to do it, if predicted grades can be faked and mocks can be cheated, how are they going to standardise it?

exactly!!!! even with teacher assessment it isnt standardised
Original post by evelync12
exactly!!!! even with teacher assessment it isnt standardised

My guess is that they will either postpone exams to maybe July/august or make some kind of prediction based off of homeworks/assessments we have done over the course of the year
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15

omg same. Today my headteacher said there will be no exams at all. Apperently, they will give us our predicted grade but some teachers may put your level up by one. Idk if thats for everyone but I heard that my school is doing that.
Reply 16
e

but mocks are based on the exam(s) for a certain course. but predicted is based for all the exams, classwork, homework and ect so i think theyd use our predicted. Maybe they'll change our predicted as its based of the December exams and most of us done another extra one in jan/feb/march

Quick Reply

Latest