From when I visited it for my degree, there were bits I loved:
- National Oceanography Centre.
- Amount of research.
- Very big.
And other things I really didn't like
- How far it was away from the main campus.
- Disorganised open day.
- Not that brilliant labs.
- Great for oceanography and marine biology, but hardly any mention of geology.
- Lecturers hard to talk to.
- Lack of any information.
- Lack of structure to degree and having to get 3 A's to study abroad when I can go abroad at other universities with the same entry requirements.
- No mention of field trip bursaries.
But overall, the cons outweigh the pros for me. I'm not saying it's a bad university at all, it just didn't tick all the right boxes for me, though for many others I'm sure it will.