I feel so irrelevant

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've always been a very academic student, since my family's poor and I always wanted to study well, get a good degree and a stable job because of this. However I spent so much time on my studies I had 0 social life and I was not able to do many many things. When I'm around my friends they're always talking about shows they've watched or games they have played. I feel so left out as I don't have a TV or console. Every time they talk about stuff like this I get jealous. My parents did not go to university and they work very hard but earn very little, so I would be doing chores around the house, cooking and. cleaningI'm jealous of how easy their lives are - when they're at home during weekends I would be working trying to earn money for myself. Or I would be studying and they'll just be out and about or playing games or watching movies. All my friends have so much time to do whatever they want whereas I'm falling behind. Now that exams might be cancelled I feel like I have list my purpose in life. I feel like a loser that lives under a rock and doesn't know what's going on at all. I know I sound like a pathetic little s*** but I just feel really down.
lavender5328
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Exams will always be re-scheduled and your effort will pay off! Working hard and doing the best you can do is enough, your friends could also be dealing with other issues and just not expressing that to you. Like in my case I was struggling at the start of Year 12 but all my friends seemed to be dealing amazingly and have all this free time but it has soon become clear to me that they were dealing with their own issues as well. If you feel low, I would recommend to stay off social media and spend time with your family or contact a support website such as Mind or Samaritans
Hope this helped and remember things will get better!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lavender5328)
Exams will always be re-scheduled and your effort will pay off! Working hard and doing the best you can do is enough, your friends could also be dealing with other issues and just not expressing that to you. Like in my case I was struggling at the start of Year 12 but all my friends seemed to be dealing amazingly and have all this free time but it has soon become clear to me that they were dealing with their own issues as well. If you feel low, I would recommend to stay off social media and spend time with your family or contact a support website such as Mind or Samaritans
Hope this helped and remember things will get better!
definitely will stay off social media! Everything looks so exaggerated and good on people's posts.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've always been a very academic student, since my family's poor and I always wanted to study well, get a good degree and a stable job because of this. However I spent so much time on my studies I had 0 social life and I was not able to do many many things. When I'm around my friends they're always talking about shows they've watched or games they have played. I feel so left out as I don't have a TV or console. Every time they talk about stuff like this I get jealous. My parents did not go to university and they work very hard but earn very little, so I would be doing chores around the house, cooking and. cleaningI'm jealous of how easy their lives are - when they're at home during weekends I would be working trying to earn money for myself. Or I would be studying and they'll just be out and about or playing games or watching movies. All my friends have so much time to do whatever they want whereas I'm falling behind. Now that exams might be cancelled I feel like I have list my purpose in life. I feel like a loser that lives under a rock and doesn't know what's going on at all. I know I sound like a pathetic little s*** but I just feel really down.
You reap what you sow. Don't worry about what everybody else is doing, let them waste their lives away, they'll regret it when they're 30, with no qualifications and nothing to stand on. They talk about TV and consoles? Which famous leader or significant member in society have you heard of, that wastes their time talking about what they watched on tv, or what game they played? The fact you spend your time doing beneficial things is a sign of a strong mindset, and strong people will always feel like outcasts because they are not like the rest of the society, who have sheep brains
You keep doing you, work hard and you'll see the benefits later in life. These kids waste their youth growing old, whereas you should invest your youth to have a meaningful and productive life when you're older.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.12%
No (69)
39.88%

Watched Threads