MayaRich
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently doing an Access To Higher Education Course via LearnDirect and I'm struggling with my Illustrated Report on Cell Biology. Has anyone completed this assignment and found anything, in particular, to be helpful/useful?

I feel like there's SO much information to cover, and I want to do well in this assignment so I need to be as detailed as possible and there are so many difficult concepts to try and explain. Is it bad if I use Khan Academy and try to rephrase a lot of it in my own words?

I don't want to plagiarize! But I'm so stressed about this assignment AND the virus. My stress levels are so high. :-(
bimbibap
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I’ve already completed that assignment, got a distinction but I want to make sure we’re talking about the same one. Message me and I’ll try my best to help. Good luck!

EDIT: Please don't message me turns out its not the same assignment thanks
Last edited by bimbibap; 10 months ago
sjj98
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey lovely, sorry to jump on too! but could i ask about it too?
MayaRich
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by sjj98)
hey lovely, sorry to jump on too! but could i ask about it too?
Yes! I finished the assignment and could probably help you now. Are you doing the access course also?
Eaj-2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m struggling with this report, I’ve had my draft marked and basically I have to add more detail in two areas which I understand as it’s so hard to condense it i probably cut out too much. The other areas were ok to submit so ideally don’t want to change them but I’m up to the maximum 4,000 words!! Really struggling
Happy_feet90
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello I’m also doing this course and struggling a bit with this assignment. Has anyone got any pointers on where to start?Thanks
Aliciamac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello peopleI am currently doing unit 5 which is the plan to the unit 5 illustrated report on cell biology.In the study materials it explains how many words should be in which section - but that is based on a 2000 word report. I need to do 4000.Do I literally just double each section? Or should the introduction still be the same and just put more in the findings? Thanks for any help
beckygarrod
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey I’m also doing this course! Could I please have some help with this?
burrows7872
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MayaRich)
Yes! I finished the assignment and could probably help you now. Are you doing the access course also?
Hi! Could you possibly let me know how you went about the conclusion and the recommendation part of the essay? Have done all my research and wrote it up but am struggling now with those two things at the end. I'm also struggling with what's included in an Appendix? I haven't quoted or paraphrased in my work but have obviously used online images which have been cited and reference properly but am unsure what I'd need to include in an appendix? Thanks xx
sjvc
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Following I am also currently doing this unit for learndirect... I am at 4000 words without the intro, conclusion and recommendations (!)

What did you guys use for the subtitles? Just go with the ones for section 1, 2 and 3?
Last edited by sjvc; 1 year ago
burrows7872
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sjvc)
Following I am also currently doing this unit for learndirect... I am at 4000 words without the intro, conclusion and recommendations (!)

What did you guys use for the subtitles? Just go with the ones for section 1, 2 and 3?
Im at 3,200 so have plenty for my conclusion and recommendation. I did a main heading for each of the 3 sections and then I did sub heading in each of the 3 main sections when I discussed specific topics.
palko123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, how did you write your evaluation? I’m really struggling and have no idea how to even start it 🙈 I’m also at 4,300 words and haven’t even written the evaluation yet and I’m struggling with cutting the words down any more
Hippichicki1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I actually have been so stressed with this assessment! I just feel I am re writing all of the learning material. Have thought about throwing in the towel a few times! But I have also learnt so much and am amazed by what’s cells do. Just have no idea how to write it! Am on the last section now. Also I feel I have spoke about subjects before in the report!
nurseyem82
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bimbibap)
I’ve already completed that assignment, got a distinction but I want to make sure we’re talking about the same one. Message me and I’ll try my best to help. Good luck!
Hi, i wondered if you could guide me in what to do please. I have no idea where to start.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nurseyem82)
Hi, i wondered if you could guide me in what to do please. I have no idea where to start.
tell me more
Lins307
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm on the same course. I have completed the main body of the assignment but oh boy, I'm so confused with putting together the references list, Bibliography and appendices. Does anyone have a example of how to put these three sections down?
nurseyem82
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
tell me more
Im unsure how to do the layout, the timeline especially. I know how to answer the questions however, Im unsure how to lay it all out on a poster style.
Felio
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi..I'm currently handling unit 17. Its been a hectic journey. I'll be glad to help you with it.
Last edited by Felio; 11 months ago
nurseyem82
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Felio)
Hi..I'm currently handling unit 17. Its been a hectic journey. I'll be glad to help you with it.
How many words did you write for each section? I was going to do 500 for each 4 sections. Well done on progressing.
Missy93<3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hello I've just submitted my assignment and I didn't do the evaluation I simply did what it asked me too.... I covered all the information and criteria it wanted...now I'm worried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (4)
28.57%
Note taking apps (0)
0%
Flashcards (1)
7.14%
Revision guides (0)
0%
Past papers (9)
64.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads