Will A Level coursework be nullified?

Watch
Dinkster69_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
In WJEC computer science, our coursework is to create software to meet our chosen specification. The deadline isn't until May and therefore I haven't finished it. I know it's too early to tell, but do you reckon that we will still be expected to complete outstanding coursework in spite of the exam cancellations?

Thanks in advance
shamamaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dinkster69_)
In WJEC computer science, our coursework is to create software to meet our chosen specification. The deadline isn't until May and therefore I haven't finished it. I know it's too early to tell, but do you reckon that we will still be expected to complete outstanding coursework in spite of the exam cancellations?

Thanks in advance
Such a good question I’m in the same boat with Eduqas wjec media studies a level. And I’m pretty sure the answer is no, this is because schools are shut and in this period we would still be doing our coursework, which at the end of the day is expected to be done at school not completely done at home independently, plus in regards to media we need the schools facilities in order to do the coursework- but not sure whether this applies to computer science.

So just don’t worry about it, the deadline is in May, this can’t be reached and students can’t be expected to still have completed coursework when we have been robbed of a month in which we would normally have to complete it. Not only that but if exams have come to a halt, and coursework makes up like 30% of a grade , we can’t be judged on this solely. Try speak or email ur teachers to ask them if you continue to be worried about it, but it should not be expected
Dinkster69_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by shamamaa)
Such a good question I’m in the same boat with Eduqas wjec media studies a level. And I’m pretty sure the answer is no, this is because schools are shut and in this period we would still be doing our coursework, which at the end of the day is expected to be done at school not completely done at home independently, plus in regards to media we need the schools facilities in order to do the coursework- but not sure whether this applies to computer science.

So just don’t worry about it, the deadline is in May, this can’t be reached and students can’t be expected to still have completed coursework when we have been robbed of a month in which we would normally have to complete it. Not only that but if exams have come to a halt, and coursework makes up like 30% of a grade , we can’t be judged on this solely. Try speak or email ur teachers to ask them if you continue to be worried about it, but it should not be expected
Thanks for the reply. I've contacted my teachers and their advice (although it varies) is basically, carry on with coursework for now just in case, but there's no confirmation about what will definitely happen. I also have electronics coursework which like with you, can only be done in school so I expect that to be cancelled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads