Adnan478616
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Will everyone get their own predicted grades for people who do A levels and BTEC now because exams have been cancelled ?
Mona123456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Adnan478616)
Will everyone get their own predicted grades for people who do A levels and BTEC now because exams have been cancelled ?
No, not necessarily. It is a possibility but quite unlikely - other factors would be considered, including AS/end of years, mock exams, teacher assessments and homework etc. Exams may still go ahead in July/August though. The government will confirm things in due course.
Thewanabenerd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mona123456)
No, not necessarily. It is a possibility but quite unlikely - other factors would be considered, including AS/end of years, mock exams, teacher assessments and homework etc. Exams may still go ahead in July/August though. The government will confirm things in due course.
i have heard others say it is properly cancelled like no exams....
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Thewanabenerd)
i have heard others say it is properly cancelled like no exams....
That’s incorrect. They’ve only been postponed until further notice.
hyasser
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What about international A levels ? Are they cancelled too ??
_jbello.10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s incorrect. They’ve only been postponed until further notice.
No they said exams are cancelled for this academic year, it’s schools that are shut until further notice
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _jbello.10)
No they said exams are cancelled for this academic year, it’s schools that are shut until further notice
I believe you’re incorrect. The official statement said exams will not be happening in May and June. But that does not rule out exams occurring from July onwards - it is quite likely that Year 13 students will have to sit exams at some point, as this would really be the only sort of fair way to determine University entry. Exams will likely occur at some point unless the situation worsens severely.
_jbello.10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I believe you’re incorrect. The official statement said exams will not be happening in May and June. But that does not rule out exams occurring from July onwards - it is quite likely that Year 13 students will have to sit exams at some point, as this would really be the only sort of fair way to determine University entry. Exams will likely occur at some point unless the situation worsens severely.
Name:  7071A769-C9C9-4DBB-9223-9DD86C3711D9.png
Views: 63
Size:  260.0 KB July is still within the academic year. And yes, the situation has not even begun to get near the peak of the crisis yet, which is why drastic measures have been put in to place in such short notice
Last edited by _jbello.10; 2 weeks ago
Marsharko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...te-coronavirus

Exams are straight-up cancelled. Second paragraph.
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  7071A769-C9C9-4DBB-9223-9DD86C3711D9.png
Views: 63
Size:  260.0 KB July is still within the academic year
It says they won’t be publishing performance tables this academic year... it only says exams won’t be in May and June.
_jbello.10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It says they won’t be publishing performance tables this academic year... it only says exams won’t be in May and June.
Name:  17ABE728-011F-4ED1-B13A-FE4F70D3D927.png
Views: 31
Size:  465.8 KBSo ucas are making it up aswell?
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Marsharko)
https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...te-coronavirus

Exams are straight-up cancelled. Second paragraph.
Oh right. I may be wrong yet but I was basing my opinion off what the government have said thus far.
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  17ABE728-011F-4ED1-B13A-FE4F70D3D927.png
Views: 31
Size:  465.8 KBSo ucas are making it up aswell?
I don’t know. I’m basing my judgement off what the government have confirmed so far. But it will be incredibly difficult to give students grades and determine Uni places without any form of final exam or assessment.
_jbello.10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don’t know. I’m basing my judgement off what the government have confirmed so far. But it will be incredibly difficult to give students grades and determine Uni places without any form of final exam or assessment.
Yeah I agree completely, however this is unprecedented situation so it’s likely that they will make unprecedented decisions will be made, however no one knows anything other than the fact that there are going to be no exams this academic year
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all,

If you haven’t read this government Q&A yet then hopefully it may answer some of your questions regarding cancelled exams:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...levels-in-2020
gilliewolf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s not correct. They haven’t been postponed they have been cancelled for this year entirely
dentistKCL
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i dont think appeal exams in july/august because its summer holidays then? most likely sept for appeal exams?
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gilliewolf)
That’s not correct. They haven’t been postponed they have been cancelled for this year entirely
Hi,

I posted that a few days ago when things hadn’t been confirmed, but I agree that since then, a lot has been confirmed and there will be exams in September but not for this academic year. Thanks.
aliciamclean1x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Adnan478616)
Yes everyone in GCSE will receive their predicted grades however I am unsure that people sitting their A Levels will also get this. That will probably be the outcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.33%
No (412)
66.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed