The Student Room Group

A-Levels cancelled or postponed?

Ok idk if anyone else will know right now but I’m so confused are a level exams completely cancelled or are they just postponed? Idk if I should still be trying to revise or just give up at this point - also how are people feeling about everything that’s happening?
i believe all gcse and a level are academically year cancalled
same I’m confused. I don’t think it’s official whether they’re postponed or cancelled yet Bcs apparently the way he worded it may mean they are done as late as September . I’m pretty annoyed if we get predicteds Bcs I feel mine are pessimistic. I also have a contextual offer but don’t know if that applies
cancelled, borris was quite subtle in the way he said it, but health minister made it quite clear they are cancelled
it's ambiguous - could be delayed. The only thing that has been made clear is that they will not occur this academic year.
Original post by JGoosey2002
same I’m confused. I don’t think it’s official whether they’re postponed or cancelled yet Bcs apparently the way he worded it may mean they are done as late as September . I’m pretty annoyed if we get predicteds Bcs I feel mine are pessimistic. I also have a contextual offer but don’t know if that applies

I really feel like they should’ve had a more solid plan before just saying they're cancelled bcos we’re all just in limbo now
Reply 6
education secretary’s exact words were that they will not go ahead, i don’t get where everyone’s got the idea that they’ve just been moved back??
Original post by htmr
education secretary’s exact words were that they will not go ahead, i don’t get where everyone’s got the idea that they’ve just been moved back??

I’m not really sure tbh - people were talking about them being in September so I got confused
Original post by htmr

off the top of my head it was clarified "this academic year", though I may be misremembering.
They have been cancelled, but people are worrying about what will happen, as Boris has not confirmed HOW we will get qualifications. Therefore, it is POSSIBLE that they will just be postponed, though everyone has stopped revising so I don't know. Stupid to leave us in limbo like this.
Reply 10
Original post by htmr

Boris said they would be put on hold and then the Education secretary said that they will be cancelled for this year which could mean that they are to be done next year instead :s
Original post by litstudent30
They have been cancelled, but people are worrying about what will happen, as Boris has not confirmed HOW we will get qualifications. Therefore, it is POSSIBLE that they will just be postponed, though everyone has stopped revising so I don't know. Stupid to leave us in limbo like this.

The not knowing is definitely the worst part for me.
Original post by Lparker6438
The not knowing is definitely the worst part for me.

News at last! Our grades will be 'calculated' based on mocks, predictions and previous attainment, including GCSEs. If we aren't happy with our grades, we have the chance to appeal, or to retake exams as soon as school starts again. It is also possible to resit the exams in Summer 2021.
Original post by litstudent30
News at last! Our grades will be 'calculated' based on mocks, predictions and previous attainment, including GCSEs. If we aren't happy with our grades, we have the chance to appeal, or to retake exams as soon as school starts again. It is also possible to resit the exams in Summer 2021.

Finally! Thank you.
Original post by Lparker6438
Finally! Thank you.

Update: Teachers will have to send 2 piece of information to exam boards: the grade that they think we will get, and then where we are ranked within that grade, i.e. top, middle, bottom.

Quick Reply