Now, the gcse and a-level exams are cancelled....

Watch
maya xo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by luizaodonelly2)
This is what Edexcel IGCSE have said

International Centres (not including UK)
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
Last updated: 18 March 2020

A number of countries around the world have announced closures to schools in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. As you know, we’ve been monitoring the ever-changing global situation and the potential impact. As part of this, the UK Government has announced that UK schools will close this week and that exams will not be held in May and June.

Given the challenging circumstances we all currently face, Pearson accepts this decision. Our focus is now on supporting learners in all countries to achieve the qualifications they need to progress to the next stage of their lives.

We are working around the clock with the Department for Education, Ofqual and the other awarding bodies to understand the detail of this decision and will share information with you as soon as we can.

This is an unprecedented global situation and we understand that it could cause uncertainty and worry for learners and teachers alike, but please bear with us. We will update you here on the website as soon as we have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience until we can bring more updates to you. We hope you and your families keep safe and well.
where can we find this statement? on their website?
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by maya xo)
where can we find this statement? on their website?
Should be or it’s what you hear when you dial their number
MoM4n278
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its madness what's happening. I am feeling like mixed emotions. Don't know whether to revise or not?
ThirstyLearner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...us-update.html

this is the latest news from edexcel today for international candidates
maya xo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ThirstyLearner)
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...us-update.html

this is the latest news from edexcel today for international candidates
is it happenening?
ThirstyLearner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by maya xo)
is it happenening?
If your country's govt allows then yes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ThirstyLearner)
https://help.cambridgeinternational....virus-outbreak

No CIE for international students will go on, and this is confirmed news after johnson's statment
omg thank god – thanks for the link !!
KianE03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm really confused - my school is sending me work and telling me to continue revising for exams until we have further confirmation of what is to happen. However, exams are cancelled so there is nothing to revise for. I'm in England and we're doing iGCSE's but I'm pretty sure they're cancelled too. Do I revise or not? Can schools just carry out exams themselves?
maya xo
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by KianE03)
I'm really confused - my school is sending me work and telling me to continue revising for exams until we have further confirmation of what is to happen. However, exams are cancelled so there is nothing to revise for. I'm in England and we're doing iGCSE's but I'm pretty sure they're cancelled too. Do I revise or not? Can schools just carry out exams themselves?
cambridge cancelled their exams
https://help.cambridgeinternational....virus-outbreak
rawanmamdouh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
what about edexcel?
TammiNC02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
the work that you do now is what counts as your final GCSE in that subject so do all you can on the work that you get but be sure to give yourself time to relax and do the things you want to do xoxo
sm0009
Badges: 14
Report 5 days ago
Hi - I’m in Year 12 (Sixth Form) and resitting my English Language GCSE independently. My Sixth Form aren’t aware and now that all formal exams are cancelled for this year I’m not too sure what to do!
intelligent1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i dont understand why there is a need to revise I mean understand we can still revise a level subjects(i am year 11) ..but now that the exams have been cancelled there is nothing we can do about it ...just wanted to ask those who said we should revise ....why?
Arshdeep123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by intelligent1234)
i dont understand why there is a need to revise I mean understand we can still revise a level subjects(i am year 11) ..but now that the exams have been cancelled there is nothing we can do about it ...just wanted to ask those who said we should revise ....why?
1. Study the GCSE topic you are going to do for a levels because its a good foundation and if you struggle at the subject it will be much worse at A levels
2. If you don't get a grade your happy with (you know you could get much better) then you can resit early next academic year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (81)
61.83%
No (50)
38.17%

Watched Threads