University of Hertfordshire Animation Timetable

Watch
localworms
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hi!

I'm attending Hertfordshire in September for 2D Animation. I know I'm definitely going to need to work to afford housing/ food etc. once I start. I also know the course is REALLY intense. Would any current Animation students be able to give some examples of times/days etc. as I really need to figure out how many hours a week I'll need to work and when is going to be best.
arcamira
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by localworms)
hi!

I'm attending Hertfordshire in September for 2D Animation. I know I'm definitely going to need to work to afford housing/ food etc. once I start. I also know the course is REALLY intense. Would any current Animation students be able to give some examples of times/days etc. as I really need to figure out how many hours a week I'll need to work and when is going to be best.
I'm a first-year 2D student, while right now, our lectures are mostly discord based from the current situation, so far most days have been 10 am-5 pm/6:30 pm, with 2 half days in the week, (Wednesday is always a half-day, 10am- 1pm). Lectures for us right now are usually split into two 3-hour lectures, one from 10 to 1, and one from 2 to 5. (you'll get cookies in the break because you're 2d)

The building is open until 8-9pm, so many students also stay behind to do work afterwards. (You will have multiple deadlines at once so it's not possible to put off work on projects for too long, and better to pace your workload well for the sake of your wrist.) I've heard in the second year it can get more intense, and it's difficult to keep up a part-time job but not impossible. Not all lectures are recorded but there will be recorded lectures available for some modules, (mostly just 3d). As time tables vary every year, to fit the number of students the course has, it's hard to say what exactly it would look like for you. For the most part, expect 10-5 with a few breaks?
localworms
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by arcamira)
I'm a first-year 2D student, while right now, our lectures are mostly discord based from the current situation, so far most days have been 10 am-5 pm/6:30 pm, with 2 half days in the week, (Wednesday is always a half-day, 10am- 1pm). Lectures for us right now are usually split into two 3-hour lectures, one from 10 to 1, and one from 2 to 5. (you'll get cookies in the break because you're 2d)

The building is open until 8-9pm, so many students also stay behind to do work afterwards. (You will have multiple deadlines at once so it's not possible to put off work on projects for too long, and better to pace your workload well for the sake of your wrist.) I've heard in the second year it can get more intense, and it's difficult to keep up a part-time job but not impossible. Not all lectures are recorded but there will be recorded lectures available for some modules, (mostly just 3d). As time tables vary every year, to fit the number of students the course has, it's hard to say what exactly it would look like for you. For the most part, expect 10-5 with a few breaks?
ahh!!! okay thank you so much! good luck with the rest of your first year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed