The Student Room Group

Were your predicted grades correct?

Since all GCSE and A level exams have been cancelled, I have seen reports of predicted grades being used as a 'alternative' to exams.

I have to say this seems like an awful solution to the problem, I myself was predicted ABC at A level, but went on to get A*AA, proving predicted grades can be grossly incorrect. I
I totally agree. My last mock I got a ACE but I'm perfectly capable of getting an ABB
Academic history is considered beside, obviously some schools give A*A*A* to all their students LOL
Original post by WIGBLOWN
Academic history is considered beside, obviously some schools give A*A*A* to all their students LOL

yeah and they'll all get into Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Imperial based on predicted grades alone
Original post by MechDoge
yeah and they'll all get into Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Imperial based on predicted grades alone

Original post by MechDoge

No a lot of those prestigious schools don’t just take grades into account, they actually have to be a top tier student including extra curricular etc
This is guesswork by people on the internet.

Every year an exam leaks and there are hundreds of different claims about what's going to happen; they have all been wrong.

I don't know why people complain about scenarios made up in their head or someone elses, it's like arguing with yourself.
Predicted grades are correct at A* A B but I don’t work for anything apart from final exams so idek what’s going to happen as I’ve started revising now but there’s no previous evidence apart from UCAS grades and last years exams
my predicted grades were spot on (NZ high school) - A*A*AA. I sat my a levels last November, currently holding a med offer that for some reason still asks for AAA. idk why UCAS hasn't sent my results to the uni (will have to do it manually). do you think I will get affected by this whole debacle?
Original post by NotNotBatman
This is guesswork by people on the internet.

Every year an exam leaks and there are hundreds of different claims about what's going to happen; they have all been wrong.

I don't know why people complain about scenarios made up in their head or someone elses, it's like arguing with yourself.

It is a fact the exams are cancelled, and it is also a fact a petition with 100k signatures is calling for predicted grades to be used in lieu of sitting exams in May/June.
Original post by bennyj901
It is a fact the exams are cancelled, and it is also a fact a petition with 100k signatures is calling for predicted grades to be used in lieu of sitting exams in May/June.

It is cancelled from their original dates that’s all, don’t make up things untrue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending