Possible Lockdown of UK?

Watch
Khanthebrit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm hearing rumours from my UK friends about a lockdown, almost sounding like a martial law police state. I'm studying abroad in the USA, but with all the madness going on my university has called me back and I'm set to return this Monday at 9am in the morning. A taxi is booked to take me back home out of London after. If there is a lockdown what's going to happen in my situation?

Volunteer Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 2 weeks ago
Neurocandid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’ll be just as fine! As of today -Thursday 19th, Public transport and even taxis are in operational as normal in London

Even if it’s a complete lockdown in the upcoming days; it does not mean that you would not be able to travel if essential
SerenaMaha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What university do you go to? I'm currently in Australia but have been told by home uni (Leeds) that I have a choice in whether I want to stay or not. However, it seems that if the UK goes into lockdown or decide to block borders then I will have to come home. In response to your question, I assume you're a British national? If so, if there is a lockdown you should still be able to get into the country, so you shouldn't be effected too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (306)
34.27%
No (587)
65.73%

Watched Threads