unipsych
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have offers from Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter and Manchester for BSc Psychology. Which would you say is the best for the program? Based on rankings, I'm thinking between Edinburgh and Bristol. I'm an international student, so Bristol would be much cheaper. What would you guys suggest?
Advertisement
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unipsych)
I have offers from Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter and Manchester for BSc Psychology. Which would you say is the best for the program? Based on rankings, I'm thinking between Edinburgh and Bristol. I'm an international student, so Bristol would be much cheaper. What would you guys suggest?
The differences between all 4 are minimal in terms of reputation.
Have you looked at the detailed course info? Does any of them appeal more than the others?
What about the cities - do you have any preferences for the sort of city you would like to live in?
unipsych
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
The differences between all 4 are minimal in terms of reputation.
Have you looked at the detailed course info? Does any of them appeal more than the others?
What about the cities - do you have any preferences for the sort of city you would like to live in?
Course wise, Edinburgh really appealed to me in that you have 2 years to do a research oriented study. My biggest criteria is cost, but Edinburgh is very expensive (tuition per year is very high and it's for 4 years). Which city is relatively cheaper to live in? I'm very interested in theatre, so I'd love a city with a great theatre scene, and a uni with an active drama society (although again, it's not my main criteria)
Advertisement
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unipsych)
Course wise, Edinburgh really appealed to me in that you have 2 years to do a research oriented study. My biggest criteria is cost, but Edinburgh is very expensive (tuition per year is very high and it's for 4 years). Which city is relatively cheaper to live in? I'm very interested in theatre, so I'd love a city with a great theatre scene, and a uni with an active drama society (although again, it's not my main criteria)
The cheapest city to live in would probably be Manchester but you would need to check that out. Exeter is highly though of for Drama and has its own theatre on campus. I am not sure on Theatre scene but I would suspect Edinburgh as it has a very famous fringe festival.
juhiparmarr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hey! I received offers from Edinburgh, Sussex, Manchester and Liverpool for psych. Im thinking either Edinburgh cause its highly reputed or Sussex(I really like the vibe of the uni and Brighton). Im an international student, what do you guys suggest?
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (41)
59.42%
No (28)
40.58%

Watched Threads