So is BTEC included in the cancelled exams

Watch
geeko123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
My teacher just emailed me saying we start online classes tomorrow at 9am Looks like I'll have to give up on the idea of going to uni because I know I won't be able to do this
You need to correct your mindset. If you already think you're gonna fail then you have. I dont like the fact we have to complete the course like this but what other option do we have. You need to pull ur socks up and just try your best.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ja78975-Junaid)
Pearson did post an update regarding BTECs but it was very vague. Currently doing 2 Alevels and 1 BTEC need an update soon πŸ€” on my two final assignments so I doubt they would cancel it for us.
The one that I read I drew the above conclusion in my post.
Wait and see.
I would think if A levels get to finish the btec should as well. That is consistent with what pearson staid. School and college have finished for this academic year. I would question the teacher.
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
The one that I read I drew the above conclusion in my post.
Wait and see.
I would think if A levels get to finish the btec should as well. That is consistent with what pearson staid. School and college have finished for this academic year. I would question the teacher.
Then why are we still getting set assignments
Ja78975-Junaid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Exactly, I still have 2 assignments that need handing in one in April and one in May.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
The rules are still vague. My interpretation is that school/ college has ended and the grade will be made on the same basis.
You will have to ask the teacher.
For our BTEC vocational qualifications, we feel confident we can award grades for students finishing this academic year by working closely with teachers to collate completed student grades, taking into account student progress on assignments and course work to date and by sampling and verifying student work. Again, we are working to understand the implications of the current context for BTECs and other applied general qualifications and will communicate with learners as soon as we can.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Exactly, I still have 2 assignments that need handing in one in April and one in May.
What the ****, I have 4 due this week and 3 due next week
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What the ****, I have 4 due this week and 3 due next week
I'm doing Applied Science what about you?
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm doing Applied Science what about you?
Me too
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Me too
oh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well I'm doing Unit 13 Assingment 2 and 4 if that it what your doing
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jostal)
Don’t think it’s that easy
It's not going to be easy, but that's all you can do at this time.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
oh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well I'm doing Unit 13 Assingment 2 and 4 if that it what your doing
Only finished units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11. 7 is cancelled. Still gotta do units 6, 9, 14, 15, 18, 21. We were running behind schedule as it was because our incompetent teachers only made us do 2 units last year. This is going to be impossible and I give up. I was going to be a primary school teacher but now I'm going to be working in this ****ty convenience store for the rest of my life.
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Only finished units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11. 7 is cancelled. Still gotta do units 6, 9, 14, 15, 18, 21. We were running behind schedule as it was because our incompetent teachers only made us do 2 units last year. This is going to be impossible and I give up. I was going to be a primary school teacher but now I'm going to be working in this ****ty convenience store for the rest of my life.
Calm down mate you still have time. I'll have a look and see if I have completed any of these units and help you out. Don't worry I got straight D* last year πŸ‘πŸ‘.
Umeuk257
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Will yr 12 (first yr of college) also get predicated grades.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Umeuk257)
Will yr 12 (first yr of college) also get predicated grades.
It’s a possibility yes.
KiddTom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm doing 3 Level 3 Btecs and its liked we've been ditched in the deep end while A levels get off easy I understand they are obviously unable to do exams but doing 3 Btecs from home isn't as easy as said with no guidance. I'm expected 3 D* and it now feels I wont achieve that due to not having the same guidance I had in college.
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by KiddTom)
I'm doing 3 Level 3 Btecs and its liked we've been ditched in the deep end while A levels get off easy I understand they are obviously unable to do exams but doing 3 Btecs from home isn't as easy as said with no guidance. I'm expected 3 D* and it now feels I wont achieve that due to not having the same guidance I had in college.
3 BTECs? wow and I thought doing 1 at home would be hard. What are you doing by the way?
KiddTom
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
3 BTECs? wow and I thought doing 1 at home would be hard. What are you doing by the way?
I'm doing Level 3 Uniformed Public Services, Law and Sport and Exercise science (which is also a fast track so I'm having to do First year and second year at the same time). Its a pain.
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm doing Level 3 Uniformed Public Services, Law and Sport and Exercise science (which is also a fast track so I'm having to do First year and second year at the same time). Its a pain.
Well, BTECs are definitely not cancelled as I have assignments that need to be handed in and which is so unfair.
KiddTom
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Well, BTECs are definitely not cancelled as I have assignments that need to be handed in and which is so unfair.
Neither are mine mate, I've got so many yet to do with no guidance its gonna ruin my last two years of work, was all pointless now. And for those who are having worse problems with the covid-19 such as maybe not even being able to do college work from home or having family that have the virus or themselves or even maybe having to work in the week to help pay for food etc its unfair at the least.
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Neither are mine mate, I've got so many yet to do with no guidance its gonna ruin my last two years of work, was all pointless now. And for those who are having worse problems with the covid-19 such as maybe not even being able to do college work from home or having family that have the virus or themselves or even maybe having to work in the week to help pay for food etc its unfair at the least.
If you don't get the grades you need, the government has said you can appeal. Trust me you and me are only a tiny proportion of students who take a take a BTEC or BTEC courses who will struggle at this moment of time. All we can do is get the work done to the best of our ability and keep asking for help. Teachers are there for a reason. As for you, you can ask peers in your class, use TSR or literally use google and find completed assignments and use them as a guidance. A good site is StuDocu
Last edited by Ja78975-Junaid; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (81)
61.83%
No (50)
38.17%

Watched Threads