The Student Room Group

Feeling down

I have just been feeling worried about my future. I just sometimes cant sleep because i worry about stuff. I just am 18 years old dont drive yet, failed my theory test twice, got no job, no girlfriend, still at college, no gcses, no a levels and I just dont know anything Im good at. I dont like college im on a course to help me get me a job but I dont know its doing I just feel like its getting me anywhere and the people who have done to same course as me have just ended up doing low end job like mcdonalds, cleaner etc. I just wouldnt be able to that. I just feel like its a chore getting up and going because I dont enjoy it and i just come home stressed. I hate getting the bus home its so depressing seeing cars driving passed and thinking other people can drive but im a bus ****** standing there waiting for the bus. Its embarrassing. I dont have a job at the moment because I have savings and also I just want to pass my driving test first , i dont want to get the bus to work and from.

My main worry is that I wont be able to drive because I failed the theory twice and I just need to be able to do it. I hate public transport so much. If I actually couldnt drive I dont know what I would do it would really put me down so much just using public transport to get to work back it just so depressing . Im basically screwed if I dont get my driving licence. Its embarassing not to drive espeicially for me and im going to feel more embarrassed as I get older. Ive had lessons in a manual car but was struggling and I changed instructors but that didnt go well either. Im learning in automatic now which is going well, I have areas for improvement but my instructor is going to do an intensive course before my pratical test. I just need to pass my theory though but im worried about it. I just like cars so much and just not being able to drive would hurt so much. I dont mind about it being automatic because most cars are avalible in it so i just need to pass this. I watch videos on cars everyday for hours I just wouldnt be able to take not being able to drive. Its just if couldnt drive I wouldnt be motivated to get a job because I dont drive so ill feel like a failiure. I really need to get this driving licence.

Does anyone have any advice?
Is anyone in a similar position?
Honestly, I can promise that it isn't the end of the world. Right now everyone is feeling so much stress and so much worry because we don't know how to feel or act. It does indeed feel like our futures are slipping away. I struggle sleeping too, because i keep crying lol.

All you can do right now, is take the governments advice and think about you and your health. Take some time to think about what really means the most to you. Slowly pick up the driving when you can, but don't force it. I can guarantee you, that you are good at something, and now is the time to find out, with all this time in your hands :smile:. It seems you are very bogged down by the driving, do try to take your mind of it, at least for the coming weeks!
Original post by georginaccarver
Honestly, I can promise that it isn't the end of the world. Right now everyone is feeling so much stress and so much worry because we don't know how to feel or act. It does indeed feel like our futures are slipping away. I struggle sleeping too, because i keep crying lol.

All you can do right now, is take the governments advice and think about you and your health. Take some time to think about what really means the most to you. Slowly pick up the driving when you can, but don't force it. I can guarantee you, that you are good at something, and now is the time to find out, with all this time in your hands :smile:. It seems you are very bogged down by the driving, do try to take your mind of it, at least for the coming weeks!

This is literally me! I’m so worried basically I’ve worked soooooo hard and I’m so scared I’m not going to get the grades I need for uni
I just feel so anxious and annoyed ngl this is so frustrating and I’m gutted because a part of me wanted to do these exams and prove to myself I can do this! I acc can’t sleep I feel like my futures slipping away and I’ve worked soooo hard to make sure this doesn’t happen but it has

Quick Reply

Latest