Game Recommendations for anyone self-isolating/staying at home

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

So if you are currently self-isolating, staying at home or planning to when your school closes, you might be in need of a few game ideas to play in the down time.

Anyone got any great recommendations of good games to play?

Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
SNES classic.

20 good games in one, can't complain about it. It is a nice pastime for passioante classic gamers.
peaerhead7997
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Half life 2, Super mario galaxy, Mass effect trilogy
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
animal crossing comes out tomorrow that's an apt replacement for a social life.
ori and the blind forest just got a sequel so you could play them both
hollow knight remains the greatest game of all time.
ElderFupaMaximus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The Witcher 3 is pretty good, so is Detroit: Become Human and NieR: Automata.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
COD: MW 2019: Warzone, CS:GO, R6S, COD: MW trilogy

cc MidgetFever
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Already posted a few suggestions (along with reviews, and links to get them cheap) in my GOG.com Spring Sale thread. Which currently has 1 view. :moon:

Also, MTG Arena (which is free to play) has opened up its Brawl queue for the rest of the month with no in-game currency entry fee. Only took a global pandemic for them to do what the fans have been asking for since December. :ahee:
Last edited by AngryJellyfish; 1 week ago
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Glaz)
COD: MW 2019: Warzone, CS:GO, R6S, COD: MW trilogy

cc MidgetFever
Ooh I've yet to play CoD Warzone 😍
Is it good?

If anyone's into chill games - Undertale, Terraria, Stardew Valley, Subnautica and Breath of the Wild are all amazing.

Also if any of you guys are into board games/card games then I really really recommend playing Munchkin or Celestia if you're isolating with people!
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Ooh I've yet to play CoD Warzone 😍
Is it good?
20 gigs left on the download :/ but from what i’ve heard and seen it’s really good and much better than Blackout
I never really got into Blackout, much prefer the MW series so hopefully Warzone will be a delight
ElderFupaMaximus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ElderFupaMaximus)
The Witcher 3 is pretty good, so is Detroit: Become Human and NieR: Automata.
To The Moon and Finding Paradise are excellent but they're quite short and very emotional.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
UNO.
If you have anyone to play with, or online.
Otherwise, Minecraft. It's surprisingly satisfying how the community comes together when there's stuff like this.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Glaz)
20 gigs left on the download :/ but from what i’ve heard and seen it’s really good and much better than Blackout
I never really got into Blackout, much prefer the MW series so hopefully Warzone will be a delight
Oh damn, I've not even started downloading it yet, I should probably get on that. :lol: We should have a game!

Yeah I can relate, I haven't played any of them regularly since the first Black Ops game came out. (Started playing again recently, amazed people still play it :lol:) MW2 was obviously the superior game though
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Oh damn, I've not even started downloading it yet, I should probably get on that. :lol: We should have a game!

Yeah I can relate, I haven't played any of them regularly since the first Black Ops game came out. (Started playing again recently, amazed people still play it :lol:) MW2 was obviously the superior game though
Get on it lass! I mean we should but I’ll probably be awful

Black Ops I and II were decent, III went completely off the rails though.
Modern Warfare series was absolute top notch though obviously and MW2 obviously wins :yes:
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
MidgetFever turns out my GTX 1060 is below the system requirements so I can’t run Warzone????? :confused:
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hitman 1 & 2, you will be out of lockdown by the time you finish with them.

Rimworld, a fun not so family friendly game with every mod you can think of.
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Hey!

So if you are currently self-isolating, staying at home or planning to when your school closes, you might be in need of a few game ideas to play in the down time.

Anyone got any great recommendations of good games to play?

Red Dead Redemption 2 - I think an open world game is an excellent choice when self isolating :yes:
Gordon_D
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll be working through some of my PS2 backlog - particularly looking forward to dusting off SSX Tricky and 3 again (although I might get 3 on XBox One for the updates) and Simpsons Hit and Run.

I'll definitely be playing through some of my Mega Drive games - especially Cool Spot, Quackshot, Aladdin and Kid Chameleon

I could just play NG+ Xenoblade 2 as that'll likely see me all the way through.

Most likely though, I'll just play COD
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gordon_D)
I'll be working through some of my PS2 backlog - particularly looking forward to dusting off SSX Tricky and 3 again (although I might get 3 on XBox One for the updates)
:five:

Amazing games.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Started on trying to 100% breath of the wild (meaning finding all 900 Koroks), which will keep my busy until christmas most likely - which is great since every big release this year I was looking forward to except animal crossing has been pushed back
Gordon_D
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also just had my (second hand) New 2DS XL arrive, with Nw Super Mario Bros 2 (should do me to pick up and play), Fire Emblem Awakening (Can't wait to give this a go) and Lego Avengers (it came in a bundle, whatever!!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed