Why am I getting '[Message clipped]'? (Hotmail + gmail)

Watch
Brutal Bee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Few details:

- I changed my security details for hotmail (outlook) in February. Apparently, upon doing this the system locks you out of your inbox for thirty days.

- I check the outlook app on my phone which I had logged into prior to changing the security details. I was still logged in and could access my inbox and send messages.

- Then I checked the mail app on my laptop which I also had logged into. Can access and send mail.

Issue is this: I sent myself an email on my gmail account from my hotmail using the mail app. At the end of the message, I receive '[Message clipped] View entire message' This doesn't happen if I use the outlook app on my phone. However, it's easier to respond to messages and draft emails on the laptop. I don't know what this message clip stuff is and I don't want my recipients to get this because it might not look professional.

Anyone know why I am having this issue? Thanks
Joe1000000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is literally just clipping the message due to it's size, See here for more information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (13)
72.22%
No (3)
16.67%
Not sure (2)
11.11%

Watched Threads