OjasSingh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I wanted to ask how competitive is to get accepted into UCL, specifically for the course of Electrical and Electronic Engineering???. I am in IB and I have a predicted of 7 in HL physics, 6 in HL C.S, but a 5 in HL Math. I wanted to keep a realistic goal about UCL therefore I rlly need to know the likelihood of me getting in. Its been about 2.5 months since I applied I can't wait to get an offer.
lujaynerashid02
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ok so, I'm not applying there however, I just googled their acceptance rate and it's 7% with an offer rate of 63%. If I were you I would still apply, but I would also have a couple of back ups where their academic requirement for the IB is 24 points and with a higher acceptance rate.
OjasSingh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
H

(Original post by lujaynerashid02)
Ok so, I'm not applying there however, I just googled their acceptance rate and it's 7% with an offer rate of 63%. If I were you I would still apply, but I would also have a couple of back ups where their academic requirement for the IB is 24 points and with a higher acceptance rate.
hmm thanks for that lujaynerashid02 !! but EEE requires 38 points and 6 in HL math. unfortunately, I have a 5 . So I wanted to know specifically whether or not I have a chance??? Any UCL or undergraduate students that could help me out here???
lujaynerashid02
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by OjasSingh)
H

hmm thanks for that lujaynerashid02 !! but EEE requires 38 points and 6 in HL math. unfortunately, I have a 5 . So I wanted to know specifically whether or not I have a chance??? Any UCL or undergraduate students that could help me out here???
I guess you gotta try. Listen math takes practice. Practice, practice, practice!!!!! The oxford textbook is really good. My friend does HL math and she just uses the oxford textbook. But like I said, still have back ups, don't just focus on one uni.
FEIFEIFEIFEI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I wanted to ask how competitive is to get accepted into UCL, specifically for the course of Electrical and Electronic Engineering???. I am in IB and I have a predicted of 7 in HL physics, 6 in HL C.S, but a 5 in HL Math. I wanted to keep a realistic goal about UCL therefore I rlly need to know the likelihood of me getting in. Its been about 2.5 months since I applied I can't wait to get an offer.
Hi, I also applied to EEE at UCL with achieved 40 776 IB points, haven't heard back yet ... I think you have a chance to get an offer, but you need to work really hard to meet the maths HL condition! Good luck, I hope you get an offer soon!
lujaynerashid02
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lujaynerashid02)
I guess you gotta try. Listen math takes practice. Practice, practice, practice!!!!! The oxford textbook is really good. My friend does HL math and she just uses the oxford textbook. But like I said, still have back ups, don't just focus on one uni.
If you don't know where to get past papers go on ibdocuments.com. Honestly papers from 1995. Also, the questionbanks on there really helped me with my mock in which I got a 5 (Math studies, always got 3s and 4s). And when I kept using them I started getting 6s and 7s in following tests. Now when you go to find these questionbanks on ibdocuments there are 5 links. Choose the 5th one because the others don't work. Hope this helps.
OjasSingh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by FEIFEIFEIFEI)
Hi, I also applied to EEE at UCL with achieved 40 776 IB points, haven't heard back yet ... I think you have a chance to get an offer, but you need to work really hard to meet the maths HL condition! Good luck, I hope you get an offer soon!
Hey, have you heard back from UCL?? Apparently, the decision deadline has changed to 20th May...
FEIFEIFEIFEI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, have you heard back from UCL?? Apparently, the decision deadline has changed to 20th May...
I applied to three different courses at UCL, I already got an unconditional offer from IMB, still waiting for EEE and maths and physics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.66%
No (477)
66.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed