wannago0001
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 51 years ago
Hi guys
I am from S.Korea and studied Economics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics in A level. I applied with the condition offer with Economics degree ( Manchester/ Glasgow/ Durham/Bristol/Edinburgh). My tutors gave me a predict score ( Econ A*, Math A, FM A). I already got a conditional offer from Manchester and Glasgow with AAB and ABB. However, I want to apply for LSE and UCL in October 2020. Therefore, I will prepare my June exam to get A* in Math, A in Econ and FM. The minimum requirement for Oxbridge, LSE and UCL is A*AA and I am wondering that is it possible to get into UCL and LSE for Bsc economics with just A*AA. I cannot reject Manchester and Glasgow ( I got a scholarship email) so I want to think carefully and apply to UCL and LSE. Also, they could reject me next year... I want to ask u guys that Bsc Economics in Manchester and Economics (SocSci) in Glasgow are bad choice or not. And if I got an offer from Edinburgh, Durham and Bristol, what uni do I confirm? I do not have lots of infos about UK uni because I am an international student... Please give me advice....
WinterKuma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm an international studying Economics at Durham.

Are you applying October this year for 2021 entry? Nobody knows if A levels are still going ahead this year but if it did get postponed then you'll have more time to revise and if possible, try to aim for all A*s. Reason being that I applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham and Bath with 4A*s predictions in economics, chemistry, maths and further maths. Got rejected by Cambridge (fcked up interview) and LSE (reason being my PS wasn't as competitive). Everybody will apply with stellar grades so if you're keen on getting into the holy grail unis you will need an outstanding PS plus excellent grades. The A* in maths is particularly important - I missed the A* by 1% and got rejected straight from UCL (my firm). Durham (my insurance, both A*AA which was dumb) also rejected me on results day but I spammed their emails and got in through clearing 2 weeks post results day.
WinterKuma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Uni admissions, especially at Oxbridge and LSE are like a lottery so none of us can tell if you're gonna get the offer but work your butt off for the best grades you can produce. Until you get the offers will you then decide which ones to choose.
hau28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t they prefer you to have further maths as your 4th not 3rd A Level, to show diverse talents?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads