I'm envious of other people's success and just not happy with myself

Watch
GeolPhysics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don't know why. I get so annoyed when I see other people more successful than me. It's starting to show it's face. I complain if someone has higher grades than me. Gets more attention than me etc. I've spoken to a nurse about it but it's not helped. I tried to think of how I'm successful too but after a few days, I fall back into the hole again. How can I be happy with myself? I've gotten private tutors because my uni grades were low. I'm scared if I get another bad grade, I'll treat others bad again. It's not their fault but I start hating the high achievers because I'm not one.
studyinpsych
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Channel that envy into motivation. I know you mentioned that you've seen private tutors about your uni work. Is there a particular thing that;s holding you back? Is it the desire to be better than others? You need to focus on yourself. Keep comparing yourself to yourself, strive for personal bests and you'll get there. Enjoy the process as much as you can. If you're starting off with thirds for example, keep striving for a 2:2 and then a 2:1 and so on. It'll make the journey much more manageable and you'll be less likely to feel disappointment as you'll see the improvement more. Good luck, I know the feeling, it's horrible. You will get where you need to be x
GeolPhysics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
Channel that envy into motivation. I know you mentioned that you've seen private tutors about your uni work. Is there a particular thing that;s holding you back? Is it the desire to be better than others? You need to focus on yourself. Keep comparing yourself to yourself, strive for personal bests and you'll get there. Enjoy the process as much as you can. If you're starting off with thirds for example, keep striving for a 2:2 and then a 2:1 and so on. It'll make the journey much more manageable and you'll be less likely to feel disappointment as you'll see the improvement more. Good luck, I know the feeling, it's horrible. You will get where you need to be x
Thanks! I needed to hear that.
studyinpsych
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GeolPhysics)
Thanks! I needed to hear that.
Anytime, glad I could be some help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads