The Student Room Group

am i a bad mate

so my bestfriends bday was last week. and i didnt get him anything cuz i only had £19 in my account which is all i have(i normally buy my own food due to eating a **** ton for bulking) and other guys got him gifts even though they knew him for half a year whereas i know him for 5+ years. part of me is like should i just give him and save up again and other part is like bdays dont mean anything tbh whatever.

wdy think. i get a tenner a week.
Reply 1
did know about it until the morning of the day so couldve save up in advanced. can tell he was lowkey pissed/dissappointed
Original post by Anonymous
did know about it until the morning of the day so couldve save up in advanced. can tell he was lowkey pissed/dissappointed

You should have gotten him something, even if it is just something small. Getting him just a bar of chocolate would have been better than nothing, it comes across like you don't care.

Also, you are friends with this guy for 5+ years and you don't know his birthday? You need a diary!
The friends I’ve has for 3years + never worry about getting eachother gifts as we know all of us never have money- if he got you a present and you didn’t get him one I sort of understand how he might be a tiny bit annoyed but he shouldn’t really care about a present tbh. If my friend didn’t get me a present I really wouldn’t give a ****!
Reply 4
Original post by Bruinsgirl40
You should have gotten him something, even if it is just something small. Getting him just a bar of chocolate would have been better than nothing, it comes across like you don't care.

Also, you are friends with this guy for 5+ years and you don't know his birthday? You need a diary!

I’ve been friends with someone for over 15 years and I still don’t remember when her birthday is.

Surely birthdays are things only children care about? It’s hardly an achievement to have reached 15, 19, 24 and so on.
Reply 5
You could have gotten him a kinder egg. It's not about the gift, it's about the thought.

Obviously normal people don't expect gifts from non-family members for their birthday, but it seems he does...
so my bestfriends bday was last week. and i didnt get him anything cuz i only had £19 in my account which is all i have(i normally buy my own food due to eating a **** ton for bulking) and other guys got him gifts even though they knew him for half a year whereas i know him for 5+ years. part of me is like should i just give him and save up again and other part is like bdays dont mean anything tbh whatever.

wdy think. i get a tenner a week.

I would say it doesn’t matter about a present
it just matters about being there for him on his birthday maybe a birthday card
doing something with him like going and getting food
Everyone is different but my birthday was so **** all I wanted was to do something with friends but I don’t like being the one that has to ask because it shouldn’t like that all the time
Reply 7
The friends I’ve has for 3years + never worry about getting eachother gifts as we know all of us never have money- if he got you a present and you didn’t get him one I sort of understand how he might be a tiny bit annoyed but he shouldn’t really care about a present tbh. If my friend didn’t get me a present I really wouldn’t give a ****!

same
Original post by Bio 7
I’ve been friends with someone for over 15 years and I still don’t remember when her birthday is.

Surely birthdays are things only children care about? It’s hardly an achievement to have reached 15, 19, 24 and so on.

ikr, for my bday i kept it lowkey, continued normally and ppl only realised thru my snapchat bitmoji.
my memory is trash
Original post by Talon
You could have gotten him a kinder egg. It's not about the gift, it's about the thought.

Obviously normal people don't expect gifts from non-family members for their birthday, but it seems he does...

ok he woulde laughed at me and compared to other gifts pretty embarrassing. i put him on my snapchat story and shouted him out tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending