The Student Room Group

EU Citizen Maintenance Loan

Hello :smile:
I'm hoping to enrol in a university course this September (assuming coronavirus doesn't disrupt anything in the meantime) and am worried about loans.

I am a Polish citizen but have lived and studied in the UK from the age of 4 (14 years), and therefore, have completed my primary, secondary and further (college) education in England.
Because of this, I'm not sure whether to select 'UK full-time student' or 'EU full-time student' on the official student finance calculator; one option allows for maintenance loans, whilst the other does not.

A loan which would help me cover living costs would be crucial to me, so this is important.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by Piomat200
Hello :smile:
I'm hoping to enrol in a university course this September (assuming coronavirus doesn't disrupt anything in the meantime) and am worried about loans.

I am a Polish citizen but have lived and studied in the UK from the age of 4 (14 years), and therefore, have completed my primary, secondary and further (college) education in England.
Because of this, I'm not sure whether to select 'UK full-time student' or 'EU full-time student' on the official student finance calculator; one option allows for maintenance loans, whilst the other does not.

A loan which would help me cover living costs would be crucial to me, so this is important.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Hi there,

You will be eligible to receive home student funding, so you can select UK full-time student :smile:

Thanks, Jen

Quick Reply

Latest