Exams and University MAJOR PROBLEM (Coronavirus pandemic)

Watch
Govand123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys, as you all know this pandemic has affected exams and therefore they may be cancelled. I am a resit candidate on a gap year and I know there are some of us out here that are resitting our exams privately/independently. However, as my former college didn't allow resits at their place and I'm doing them via a private exam centre, I don't have predicted grades. I know students in college will have predicted grades which may help them get into uni but many resit candidates don't. I was wondering if anyone knows what could happen to independent resit candidates. Anyone else in the same boat? It has me really worried.
Thank you
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Wait and see. Tomorrow's announcement will give more information and may or may not answer your question.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don't know either I have my predicted grades but My teacher assessments were based over a year ago, I really don't want them to be used as that would make the whole point of resitting and all the time and effort I put in to actually improve my grades which is the whole point of resitting would have gone down the drain.

My best bet is that they would probably use your predicted grades from last year ;/
crazzzzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Govand123)
Hi guys, as you all know this pandemic has affected exams and therefore they may be cancelled. I am a resit candidate on a gap year and I know there are some of us out here that are resitting our exams privately/independently. However, as my former college didn't allow resits at their place and I'm doing them via a private exam centre, I don't have predicted grades. I know students in college will have predicted grades which may help them get into uni but many resit candidates don't. I was wondering if anyone knows what could happen to independent resit candidates. Anyone else in the same boat? It has me really worried.
Thank you
I'm in the exact same situation. For now there isn't any information so we just have to be patient and wait. Internally I am freaking out and worried too, but I'd say try and relax,like not revising and stuff- at least for today. Hopefully tomorrow they clarify things for us. lets just have faith they won't use our previous grades or predicted grades, otherwise I really don't know what's going to happen. Hopefully this situation gets resolved soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads