officialsiddiq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I have an interest in project management and a huge interest in policing.

I wanted to join the police force as a Detective perhaps but I don't like confrontation.

Say if I were to take the direct entry to Inspector after a few years of working as a project manager, would I be working in the field and required to make arrests or?

Basically what I am asking is, is there potential way that you know of that I can maybe work as a police officer without having to "work on the beat"?
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by officialsiddiq)
Hi,

I wanted to join the police force as a Detective perhaps but I don't like confrontation.

Say if I were to take the direct entry to Inspector after a few years of working as a project manager, would I be working in the field and required to make arrests or?

Basically what I am asking is, is there potential way that you know of that I can maybe work as a police officer without having to "work on the beat"?
This is my concern too as I don't like confrontation either.
However like with many other public sector jobs, there will be at least some things you wouldn't like to do.
In order to progress through the ranks there are commitments and sacrifices you will have to make.
I work in the Police force in the Recruitment department and I have learned that policing as a Constable is not a '9-5' mundane job.
Due to the nature of the work you will be 'wearing many different hats' within the role as you will be serving the community, arresting people and having to control them when they resist to. There will be challenging people in the community that you would have to encounter and solve (their) problems.
Co1923
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by officialsiddiq)
Hi,

If you are adamant that confrontation is not for you then look at a police force that recruits Civilian Investigators. They do the work of a detective without having powers of arrest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (18)
78.26%
No (3)
13.04%
Not sure (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads