The Student Room Group

Corona virus and relationship help

Hi, since the corona virus outbreak, I have been out of school for a while, my boyfriend has been particularly affected by it. His family is forcing him to fully self isolate, and as someone with pre-existing struggles with mental health he isn't handling this well. Not to mention I won't be able to see him in a long time. I would really appreciate some advice on dealing with this? How could i ensure to be more supportive to him? How can we continue to communicate healthily when he's in a bad state? Anyone with experiences with depression etc and long distance relationships will be much appreciated. Thank you
Make sure you have a way of contacting him like through social media so he's not alone. There's no definite way of being more supportive but making sure to remind him you're there for him is a good way of being supportive. You can communicate healthily by not overstepping any boundaries and being considerate if he does something. I'm in a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend and it's been hard on both our mental health, especially he doesn't communicate well as someone with Aspergers, but communication of struggles or anything is really important and always helps with my mindset
Original post by PetitePanda
Make sure you have a way of contacting him like through social media so he's not alone. There's no definite way of being more supportive but making sure to remind him you're there for him is a good way of being supportive. You can communicate healthily by not overstepping any boundaries and being considerate if he does something. I'm in a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend and it's been hard on both our mental health, especially he doesn't communicate well as someone with Aspergers, but communication of struggles or anything is really important and always helps with my mindset

Thank you, Im in a similar position on the communication wise with him, he's been open in telling me about the struggles he's facing but I feel quite useless and helpless since theres nothing I can offer other than my love and support , which is difficult at times.
Original post by dangerousrickyd
Thank you, Im in a similar position on the communication wise with him, he's been open in telling me about the struggles he's facing but I feel quite useless and helpless since theres nothing I can offer other than my love and support , which is difficult at times.

The fact he's opening to you is amazing because that's really hard to do. Listening to him is the best thing anyone can do and you're doing such a good job supporting him - that isn't useless at all.
my exams are cancelled!!!!:frown:
Original post by cutie_lovebug12
my exams are cancelled!!!!:frown:

Not the thread.

Quick Reply

Latest