Marvellover65
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Year 11s have had their exams cancelled and that's understandable. But what about Year 10s and 12s who are missing out on studying content? How will we squeeze in everything the exam board has put on the paper? Will they postpone our exams?
CurrentUsername
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Marvellover65)
Year 11s have had their exams cancelled and that's understandable. But what about Year 10s and 12s who are missing out on studying content? How will we squeeze in everything the exam board has put on the paper? Will they postpone our exams?
just start the content and learn it yourself now.. you have like 5 months dont make the same mistake us year 11's made who didnt try for their mocks. start your revision now else you guys will honestly be screwed as well. also do all the work your teachers may have set online e.g on google classroom

i doubt they will postpone current year 10's exams in 2021
Last edited by CurrentUsername; 7 months ago
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
you still have a whole year to cover it, don't think you'll be hugely affected. just carry on with your work as you would normally at school, you can probably find yourself self teaching a lot of the content.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What about year 12? Self-teaching certain A-Levels such as Physics won’t be easy.

Hopefully, all our questions will be answered soon!
Pandagirlx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Marvellover65)
they only brang year 11 and 13s in to make sure all the revision and coursework to try up-level grades. their will be mocks in year 11 and 13 so its fine if 10s and 12s missed them,
username5219430
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
year 12's and 10's the the unluckiest in this situation, you guys gotta take the initiative and figure out what to do; use existing online resources ie tlmaths/erintoul/freesciencelessons etc

you guys have over 4 months, use it effectively instead of resorting to doing nothing
Pandagirlx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by um ok)
year 12's and 10's the the unluckiest in this situation, you guys gotta take the initiative and figure out what to do; use existing online resources ie tlmaths/erintoul/freesciencelessons etc

you guys have over 4 months, use it effectively instead of resorting to doing nothing
wdym year 11s and 13s dont get to do the real exam they were revising hard for
username5219430
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Roseyr1119-20)
yeah that's what i thought at first but the underlying truth is, we're getting to uni/6thform for free off of our predicted

mental breakdown/anything unlucky which could've happened during our exams have been excluded, so we are given the "best" outcome, yes you might be revising hard but you can't deny the blessing you've been given
Pandagirlx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by um ok)
yeah that's what i thought at first but the underlying truth is, we're getting to uni/6thform for free off of our predicted

mental breakdown/anything unlucky which could've happened during our exams have been excluded, so we are given the "best" outcome, yes you might be revising hard but you can't deny the blessing you've been given
the fact that people would've have done better in the real exams than mocks. Hopefully year 10s are revising along with yr12s because the school can increase its passes in subjects.
courtney1906
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I could imagine that we will have to do mocks in September if we don’t end up going back till then. This still gives time as UCAS has to be done in October through till January. You never know with the government they might end up sending us back and making us work through the summer holidays to try and catch up on the work we’ve had to self teach
Pandagirlx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by courtney1906)
I could imagine that we will have to do mocks in September if we don’t end up going back till then. This still gives time as UCAS has to be done in October through till January. You never know with the government they might end up sending us back and making us work through the summer holidays to try and catch up on the work we’ve had to self teach
you wont have to do your year 10 and 12 mocks because will have another set of them in year 11 and 13 anyways
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For Y10 it depends tbh
Pandagirlx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ok
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
you wont have to do your year 10 and 12 mocks because will have another set of them in year 11 and 13 anyways
Uh year 12's will DEFINITELY have to do mocks
annieapple2000
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If anyone is looking for biology, chemistry or maths online tuition please let me know

I'm happy to teach the parts of the specification that you should be learning now, help with university applications, go over year 12 content and teach some of the year 13 content to get you ahead!
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by annieapple2000)
If anyone is looking for biology, chemistry or maths online tuition please let me know

I'm happy to teach the parts of the specification that you should be learning now, help with university applications, go over year 12 content and teach some of the year 13 content to get you ahead!
Stop spamming and advertising. It’s not allowed on TSR
Bingbangbosh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Year 11 and 13 have it bad, but I wish I was in year 11 rather than 10. I find it extremely difficult to stay concentrated and being at home makes it 10 times worse. I was on track for 7s and 8s but now I'm doing bad in several classes. I also did well in my mocks so I would've had a good predicted grade.
Bingbangbosh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I wish I was in year 11. You know what's happening. Year 10s are being left in the dark and I'm personally struggling with the work and going down grades.
Pandagirlx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Bingbangbosh)
I wish I was in year 11. You know what's happening. Year 10s are being left in the dark and I'm personally struggling with the work and going down grades.
DW Next year you get 2 sets of mocks. It's actually ok that GCSE stress went away.
snooploop
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Bingbangbosh)
same tbh. My school has reduced our timetable (from 5 lessons a day to 4ish) to make it less stressful for us, but how we're gonna cover a normal year's work with less lessons is beyond me :/ I'm literally doing all I can to teach myself because some teachers set terrible powerpoints and it all sucks tbh. I don't think our 2021 exams will be postponed bc the government probably want to avoid doing anything major to exams again and have to work hard to solve the problems that come with it ://
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.51%
I'm not sure (26)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (181)
31.26%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (276)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise