Joe_Becks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What will happen to my apprenticeship applications?
Natalie Munonye
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s what I’m wondering...
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joe_Becks)
What will happen to my apprenticeship applications?
(Original post by Natalie Munonye)
That’s what I’m wondering...
Hi both,

I know this is a really stressful time for you and there's a lot of uncertainty, but there have been new announcements on how your grades for current qualifications will be determined. There is additional information here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6405970

To see if I can help you further, what type/level apprenticeships are you applying for (if you don't mind sharing)?
Natalie Munonye
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Hi both,

I know this is a really stressful time for you and there's a lot of uncertainty, but there have been new announcements on how your grades for current qualifications will be determined. There is additional information here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6405970

To see if I can help you further, what type/level apprenticeships are you applying for (if you don't mind sharing)?
Sorry for the late reply.

Apparently we can decide to sit the A Level exams as soon as school starts if we disagree with our grades, but do you think apprenticeships will allow us time to do this and still accept us from 2020?
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry for the late reply.

Apparently we can decide to sit the A Level exams as soon as school starts if we disagree with our grades, but do you think apprenticeships will allow us time to do this and still accept us from 2020?
Because it's very early days with all the plans, I'm not entirely sure how employers are going to deal with this. I'll keep a look out for any information and let you know if I find anything. If you're really concerned, it might be worth speaking to the places you've applied to, but bear in mind they'll be extremely busy with a lot of others things too.

What stage of the apprenticeship application are you currently at? If you haven't yet had your interview, it might be worth bringing up the question when you go.
Natalie Munonye
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Because it's very early days with all the plans, I'm not entirely sure how employers are going to deal with this. I'll keep a look out for any information and let you know if I find anything. If you're really concerned, it might be worth speaking to the places you've applied to, but bear in mind they'll be extremely busy with a lot of others things too.

What stage of the apprenticeship application are you currently at? If you haven't yet had your interview, it might be worth bringing up the question when you go.
I’m at the last stages. I’ve done an assessment centre last week Friday. Another assessment centre got postponed and I’ve just done 2 phone interviews.

Thank you so much. I’m gonna email them tomorrow.
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m at the last stages. I’ve done an assessment centre last week Friday. Another assessment centre got postponed and I’ve just done 2 phone interviews.

Thank you so much. I’m gonna email them tomorrow.
No problem, if they've postponed an assessment centre I would imagine they are currently formulating a plan to help students in this position.

Let me know how you get on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (289)
34.24%
No (555)
65.76%

Watched Threads