The Student Room Group

Bad gcses but good a levels vet med

I’m a student hoping to study vet mrs however my gcse grades are very bad the worst i have seen on here
2 A’s 5 B’s 3 c’s ( in sociology, business and rs)
I’m hoping to take bio maths chem and physics maybe to achieve the best i can but what is my chance of actually getting any university offers.
Reply 1
Original post by graceyyyyy
I’m a student hoping to study vet mrs however my gcse grades are very bad the worst i have seen on here
I’m hoping to take bio maths chem and physics maybe to achieve the best i can but what is my chance of actually getting any university offers.

hey,
im in year 12 right now and I have 3 7s and the rest 6s and 5s. however, I am going to be applying to dentistry this year. what you have to do is apply tactically from what I have learnt. for example, with my GCSE grades, I am going to apply to Newcastle university and Leeds university definitely. this is because they don't look at GCSEs that much. I am doing a levels right now and am achieving Bs right now, without doing the most I can do. so you just have to apply tactically and not be unrealistic with your choices.
Reply 2
that is not bad AT ALL. Actually well done you have done really well. You should theoretically be able to go to uni

Not all the vet schools care about GCSEs. I suggest going through all the vet school web sites and looking at their requirements. There are now 10 vet schools but it won't take that long to see which ones are in the running.
My GCSE's were 4A's 4B's - applied to Nottingham, Liverpool, RVC & Surrey
Got a rejection a day after application from Surrey
Got interviews & offers from the other three.
Wouldn't always rule out your chances :smile:
I got into vet school with 10Bs but I only applied to universities I was sure I met the requirements for. As long as you meet the requirements you have a chance. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by louisvbird
I got into vet school with 10Bs but I only applied to universities I was sure I met the requirements for. As long as you meet the requirements you have a chance. :smile:

I was wondering what unis you applied to with those grades as I'm in a similar situation?

Well you have to consider that people who use this forum will generally be more on the academic side.
Original post by YvonneH1
I was wondering what unis you applied to with those grades as I'm in a similar situation?

Nottingham Preliminary Year and Bristol. RVC and Liverpool Year Zero also have lowered entry requirements for mature students.
Original post by louisvbird
Nottingham Preliminary Year and Bristol. RVC and Liverpool Year Zero also have lowered entry requirements for mature students.

I recommend contacting admissions before applying to the latter two though, to check you meet their standard to apply with similar GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending