Paige26xx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve been doing my course since last June with a “private college” where they come to my work instead of me going to college (I thought it would be better as it’s 1 on 1) anyway.. I came off maternity leave earlier this month and I’m debating whether to go to normal college or stick with this one and give it more of a chance... I’m just a bit curious as I don’t know anyone Who will be doing the same courses as me in college, like what do you do for lunch? Also I’ll probably be starting from the very bottom again or half way through, people already know each other so not as if everyone is in the same boat. I know I am more focused on my apprenticeship and qualifications but I’m just curious!
Last edited by Paige26xx; 2 weeks ago
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Paige26xx)
I’ve been doing my course since last June with a “private college” where they come to my work instead of me going to college (I thought it would be better as it’s 1 on 1) anyway.. I came off maternity leave earlier this month and I’m debating whether to go to normal college or stick with this one and give it more of a chance... I’m just a bit curious as I don’t know anyone Who will be doing the same courses as me in college, like what do you do for lunch? Also I’ll probably be starting from the very bottom again or half way through, people already know each other so not as if everyone is in the same boat. I know I am more focused on my apprenticeship and qualifications but I’m just curious!
Hi! Are you comfortable sharing what course you would be doing at college?

I've just finished an apprenticeship where the college provider came to me so I fully understand how daunting the prospect of a 'traditional college' set-up can be.

I'm assuming your course will be part time, but will it be day-release or block-release (if you know at this stage)? The only reason I ask is that you may find there are more compacted days (i.e. lots of teaching in quick succession) or spaced out depending on the course and provider.

To be honest, I can't see things being too much different apart from the environment and the people. In terms of lunches - I don't see any reason why you can't take your own, venture out or use internal facilities

If you're really keen to find out what the course structures are like, see if you can get your hands on a prospectus or get in touch with the providers and have a word with them.

If you've got any more queries, by all means just ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (272)
34.04%
No (527)
65.96%

Watched Threads