larakxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I've accepted my unconditional offer from Royal Holloway back in December 2019 and I very briefly exchanged emails with the international regional manager for Europe. I haven't gotten an official email since and I don't know if I have to pay a deposit to secure my undergraduate place and obtain a proof of study letter (which I need for housing hand). I'm also quite worried that I missed a deadline with my payment (if there is one) because the course deposit page doesn't seem to be working and I'm getting a little bit anxious.
Last edited by larakxx; 2 weeks ago
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing is secure. Make contact find out. If you from an afflicted country there is a high chance you won't be allowed in, or vice-versa.

Leaving your region for study will likely be nearly impossible.
larakxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Nothing is secure. Make contact find out. If you from an afflicted country there is a high chance you won't be allowed in, or vice-versa.

Leaving your region for study will likely be nearly impossible.
Do you mean because of the coronavirus? I'm from Germany which is definitely afflicted by it but will it really impact my studying in England at the beginning of September? I just want to know if I missed something in the application process 😅
Last edited by larakxx; 2 weeks ago
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by larakxx)
Do you mean because of the coronavirus? I'm from Germany which is definitely afflicted by it but will it really impact my studying in England at the beginning of September? I just want to know if I missed something in the application process 😅
Kiene ahnung. (I'm German too but can't answer in German on this site fully). I've just nearly finished my degree in Nottingham, had an offer from Royal Holloway and have visited Egham lovely place, but too small for me....Will it impact my studies in the Netherlands, for my Master in September...will places offer contracts for accomodation not knowing if face to face lectures will be allowed?

While it is good to be optimistic, had i told you 1.5 months ago, Germany would be locked down and everything but supermarkets and a few other things would be open... You would have called me insane.

So how can we realistically, or anyone assess how long it truly takes. I guess we are waiting for a case peak? You can't compare it to China where people totally stopped moving internally. Without getting into the long discussion of their needing to be a vaccine to really retain freedom of movement again...it's simply impossible estimate what rules will be in place or not in place... 6 months from now. But that's just my assessment. But it does seem like you wanted it lol.

Another good example you should notice on this site is a hot topic, is the cancelling of A level exams. Your lucky the German government is allowing abitur to continue for now. But that's not guaranteed either. The world is not the same it was a few weeks ago even.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mer...03896.amp.html
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (301)
34.24%
No (578)
65.76%

Watched Threads