The Student Room Group

COVID, A-Levels & Disillusionment

Previously used this site as a kid and not much has changed, as someone in public education, I find it astounding how the general advice of users here to affected students is to carry on as normal in terms of revision. The Government has made it clear, there will be no exams and they will seek to publish results in August, and of course details regarding how grades will be awarded will be given tomorrow. What I’m saying is not to just sit at home, but reiterating the advice shared by School Headteachers which is focus on areas of study which relate to your next stage of professional & academic development e.g A-Levels, Uni, Apprenticeships. Don’t just ‘revise as normal’.
Yes I agree. In our school, the teachers have told us to stop revising, and start taking time off for ourselves! :smile:
Original post by georginaccarver
Yes I agree. In our school, the teachers have told us to stop revising, and start taking time off for ourselves! :smile:

Right approach, just make sure you are developing skills related to your next step albeit at a relaxed pace.
Original post by civilserviceguy
Right approach, just make sure you are developing skills related to your next step albeit at a relaxed pace.

Definitely!!! I already have a plan sorted out in the next few months, in order to get prepared (doing things such as brushing up on my vocabulary and grammar for my course)!! If I'm honest, making a plan has helped with dealing with this utter chaos!!
Reply 4
They are outlining what is happening long term tomorrow (scheduled to anyway) so hopefully, everything should be clear soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending