University Offer Changed to Unconditional

Watch this thread
jodiemariexoxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since A-Level exams have been cancelled, my firm offer from York St John has been changed to unconditional - has anyone else had this from other universities?
Maya2402
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I personally didn't apply. However, two of my friends have had their offers changed to unconditionals but they too had them as their firm choices.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jodiemariexoxo)
Since A-Level exams have been cancelled, my firm offer from York St John has been changed to unconditional - has anyone else had this from other universities?
Hi,
The situation is extremely unusual and their has been speculation as to how unis would react because of this, sounds like an extremely positive result for you which can hopefully relieve some of the anxiety. (Congrats btw :bhangra:)

Can I ask what course this is?
(this is just for my curiosity, im hoping to learn as much as possible to see how different unis/courses are reacting etc.)

EDIT: dont worry, just seen York st johns press release on the subject of making offers unconditional in light of Covid-19
Last edited by mnot; 2 years ago
Cai22
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hey well done I just had the same situation, I am so relieved!
I was wondering if it has update on UCAS for you?
jodiemariexoxo
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
Hi,
The situation is extremely unusual and their has been speculation as to how unis would react because of this, sounds like an extremely positive result for you which can hopefully relieve some of the anxiety. (Congrats btw :bhangra:)

Can I ask what course this is?
(this is just for my curiosity, im hoping to learn as much as possible to see how different unis/courses are reacting etc.)

EDIT: dont worry, just seen York st johns press release on the subject of making offers unconditional in light of Covid-19
Hi,
The course is for Sociology, and my original offer was a reduced conditional of 80 UCAS points. I’m over the moon, I’m glad I don’t have to stress!
Please could you link me to their press release? I’d love to read it.
jodiemariexoxo
Rep:
(Original post by Cai22)
hey well done I just had the same situation, I am so relieved!
I was wondering if it has update on UCAS for you?
Congratulations on your offer!
I had an email from UCAS Track saying there had been a change to my application, which is where it said my choice was unconditional.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jodiemariexoxo)
Hi,
The course is for Sociology, and my original offer was a reduced conditional of 80 UCAS points. I’m over the moon, I’m glad I don’t have to stress!
Please could you link me to their press release? I’d love to read it.
Cheers!
https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/under...or-applicants/

Stay safe, look after yourself in these weird times, and hopefully the world will return to normality for September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (48)
49.48%
The paper was reasonable (37)
38.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (8)
8.25%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
4.12%

Watched Threads