anybody else getting unconditional offers from unis that gave them conditionals

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
I had an email saying they will change my offer if i meet the criteria that they listed and i do, just waiting for my offer to change, hope this pause on offers wont affect this!
What kind of criteria have they listed? Do you already have your grades, and aren't affected by the calculated grades? Or are you still waiting on grades?

What uni is this is you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, lots of questions!
Toscana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Yes i had that email from UCAS. The uni advertised this before the UCAS email so unsure if i will still get it changed as heard nothing since
nah i dont think this affects any of the unconditionals you recieved recently. just for future reference really
Lshort17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
What kind of criteria have they listed? Do you already have your grades, and aren't affected by the calculated grades? Or are you still waiting on grades?

Birmingham City uni

They have a criteria that you have to have at least 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above including maths and Eng
Or that my predicted grade is above the entry requirements. They also have courses that are exempt from these unconditionals as they are to do with awarding bodies. They haven’t issued an unconditional yet but as of UCAS statement in their email i have no idea if they still will do it. Just waiting on an email back saying that it has been changed.

I don’t have my grades yet I’m doing a level 3 BTEC course however it has an exam which has been cancelled so unsure on what is happening lol

No worries, have you heard anything from your unis? Are you doing a levels?
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Toscana)
nah i dont think this affects any of the unconditionals you recieved recently. just for future reference really
I haven’t received it yet but they have let me know that they may change it. Just waiting on an email to confirm it. But UCAS says they want to stop these kind of offers because of corona. But my uni has already advertised that they will change the offers for some so surely they would have to follow on from what they say? Am i right?
Toscana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I haven’t received it yet but they have let me know that they may change it. Just waiting on an email to confirm it. But UCAS says they want to stop these kind of offers because of corona. But my uni has already advertised that they will change the offers for some so surely they would have to follow on from what they say? Am i right?
mhm, my advice is to just assume it wont be an unconditional if you recently got any so that way, you arent shooting yourself in the foot
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
mhm, my advice is to just assume it wont be an unconditional if you recently got any so that way, you arent shooting yourself in the foot
Yeh probably be best to
ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

Well said!
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yeh probably be best to
IName:  F85BEF05-5AC1-4834-8E9E-9D6FA5EAB83E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  44.9 KB I’ve had this so they are waiting till after the 2 week period now
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
IName:  F85BEF05-5AC1-4834-8E9E-9D6FA5EAB83E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  44.9 KB I’ve had this so they are waiting till after the 2 week period now
Thanks so much for sharing!
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thanks so much for sharing!
No problem
Bluerainy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Is there any chance for your firm choice to change into unconditional
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
Is there any chance for your firm choice to change into unconditional
Yes but now that are pausing this due to the coronavirus. The UCAS email says more on why this is happening. After the two week pause they will know more and may or may not carry on with this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads