Can exams be put back on

Watch
Jimmerm78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can uk exams be put back on if the virus declines rapidly , do you think this could happen or would it be too stressful
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
too stressful tbh
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jimmerm78)
Can uk exams be put back on if the virus declines rapidly , do you think this could happen or would it be too stressful
Well it won't decline rapidly... The government doesn't take these decisions lightly, it affects millions of people after all.

So unfortunately, one way or another there will need to be an alternative way to determine the grades. I empathise with your situation though.
Xiphos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They can, however, I do not believe that the government are currently willing to as Gavin Williamson (secretary of state for education) revealed that we will receive a grade in August whilst exams are to be cancelled for 2020. This leaves us with two likely options: predicted grades will become our actual grade or mock exam grades will. Of course, there may be an alternate plan of action that we are not yet aware of but, those two options are most likely to happen. The answers to questions relating to such topics are going to be answered in today's address, supposedly.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
it won't decline rapidly. the exams will remain cancelled but there could be some sort of open-book exam thing
That Lesbian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What if it all dies down and the exams are taken place then a student with corona comes in and everyone gets corona?
Mona123456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all,

If you haven’t read this government Q&A yet then hopefully it may answer some of your questions regarding cancelled exams:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...levels-in-2020
username5199118
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...levels-in-2020
Indeed in this document the last point states that regardless of any changes, exams will not be reinstated. they are cancelled entirely this summer
gilliewolf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No once they have said cancelled they can’t put them back on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (166)
15.34%
Uncertainty around my education (177)
16.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (105)
9.7%
Isolating with family (74)
6.84%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (40)
3.7%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (94)
8.69%
Loneliness (107)
9.89%
Financial worries (49)
4.53%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (99)
9.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (78)
7.21%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (93)
8.6%

Watched Threads